Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tasker24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Boiler won't shut off
    I have an old Oil to Gas conversion boiler and for some reason I cannot get the boiler or the circulator pump to shut off. I have a digital thermostat and it is set for 65 degrees but the boiler keeps firing up and the temp in the House is now 72 degrees. The boiler will run for 3 minutes then shut of all the while the pump is running then after five minutes of being off the boiler fires back up again. I have baseboard hot water. Anyone know why its not following the thermostat, because it seems to be working as far as the thermostat display goes?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Thermostat is bad, thermostat wire is pinched/shorted out some where.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Make boiler [ 8 Answers ]

I want to take a Jenny steam pressure washer and convert it to a boiler I can use for my pipe lining. I am a licenced Master Plumber. (43 year) I did boilers for 15 Years. I want to regulate the heater to 7-10 lbs. of pressure put a circulator on it and circulate hot water into my liner. Also the...

Boiler [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've recently moved to a new flat and have a Combi Biasi boiler. The hot water becomes too hot then goes cold, I've had it checked thinking the thermostat had gone but the boiler chap said it was fine. Now the hot water turns itself off when running the water and I have to continually...

Shut of water to house and not boiler [ 3 Answers ]

We have a boiler. When we are not home we would like to shut off the water in the house. We have had conflicting opinions about the boiler. We were told that if we shut off water to the boiler and there are any pin hole leaks in the system, eventually the boiler could "dry fire" and have...

Boiler wiring [ 19 Answers ]

Ok, I will try to explain this the best I can with what I saw. I have an old repco boiler with 2 zones and I was wondering if the wiring was correct. The 2 zones are wired into a master control box then goes out to the pump on the boiler and the 2 thermos and another set of wires to another box(not...

View more questions Search