Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwatson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Coleman hvac blower runs continuously.
    We have a 1998 mobile home with a coleman hvac. For the past 6 months the blower has not turned off even though the air itself has? Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be causing this?
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Oct 8, 2008, 04:27 PM

On the thermostat there should be a switch labeled FAN. It will have 2 positions AUTO and ON. If it is set to ON the fan will run continuously. If it is set to AUTO and the fan still runs continuously you have another problem. Lets start there.

EPM
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 04:45 PM

Please let us know if this works. If not, colemans are a pretty basic funace, we should be able to help you locate the problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 11:16 PM
    If your mobile home furnace has a heat/off/cool switch mounted on the blower control box then it is probably the relay. There are 3 relays in the box and you will need to read the diagram to find out which one is the A/C fan blower relay.
    Mobile home units use a different style control system setup for most of there operations since they usually do not come from the factory setup for A/C.

That has begun to change around 2002 when most of the home manufactures started to pull 4 or 5 wire cable to the thermostat location instead of two wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Coleman electric furnace fan runs only in manual [ 2 Answers ]

I have a mobile with a forced air Coleman electric heat. The fan will not run in the auto setting (switch by motor in cabinet) but the element will heat up. In manual the fan runs constantly and heat comes on with the thermostat. The heating company recently replaced the sequencers and said we...

Coleman Furnace blower kicks on and off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Coleman model DGAT070BDE that is 9 years old. It has suddenly started acting strange. The blower motor will kick on and run for about a minute, then shut off for about 5 minutes and start all over again until I shut off the power to the furnace. The thermostat is not calling for heat as it...

Coleman electric furnace blower fan won't come on [ 1 Answers ]

Older Coleman Presidential model 3120-751 electric furnace blower fan will not come on. Fan is good. Heat coils are good.

Coleman furnace 6 wires to blower [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I was going to start my furnace for the first time this season, and went to do my annual cleaning. Problem is as I was taking out blower (to take outside and clean out) I accidentally dropped and the 6 wires running between the blower and furnace came undone. I don't want to hook it up...

View more questions Search