Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tunneyl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 02:05 PM
    York Furnace Fault Codes
    I have a York YP9C modulating furnace and matching York Affinity 8T 4 ton 2-stage condensing unit. The units are working wonderfully with no problems in the cooling mode. I have not used it for heating yet, so I do not know how it works in the heating mode. The furnace fault light shows a green slow steady blink when the thermostat is not calling for cold. I understand that this code means normal operation. When the thermostat calls for cold and the condenser starts and the furnace ECM motor starts ramping up, the green light increases its blinking frequency and an additional amber light showing a slow steady blink appears. My understanding is that this code means this is normal operation with a call for heat.

My question is: Is this normal or could there be a fault in the thermostat wiring? If it is normal, how can there be a call for heat, when the thermostat is set to cool mode? I did try changing the thermostat to dual mode (heat or cold) which made no difference in the fault codes.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 03:30 PM
    I suggest you contact the professional that installed the unit. The working of the York system are NOT USER FRIENDLY!

BTW if there was a fault in the thermostat wiring the unit would not work at all.
    fmac2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 08:37 AM
    I am working on a control board from a york system the board is a #031-01972-000 it is showing an error code four green flashes...
    fmac2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 08:40 AM
    I am working on a York system with a control board no#031-01972-000 pushing the error button it is indictating four green flashes and is missing that information panel...
    The HVAC guy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 12:28 PM
    That was real helpful. Usually when you take the door off the bottom where the blower motor is there is a little chart with what the codes mean, Any heating cooling contractor can tell you that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nedd fault codes for Coleman Evcon Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Evcon furnace model DGAA056BDTB and the cover plate for the controls box is missing. I am told that the fault codes were on the back of the plate. Where can I get a replacement cover or at least get the fault codes for my furnace?

Air Bag fault codes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6 liter V-8 and automatic transmission. The air bag dash light is flashing an error code of 12, one flash, pause, followed by two flashes, long pause and repeats, repeats, repeats. The code is apparently indicating that the battery voltage droped below 9...

York gas unit fault codes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old york gas pac. It tries to light three times then trips out on fault. What causes this to happen.

View more questions Search