Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnaclark21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 08:10 AM
    What size unit?
    Have a one story ranch 2,000 sq. ft. what size heat and air unit will I need?
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Mar 26, 2009, 09:16 AM

Its hard for anyone here to know exactly what size so when you get quotes demand the contractor does a Manual J (aka load calc). Have then show you the numbers and repost here if not sure they have it right.
    HVACnomore Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 07:18 PM

And you are living in Point Barrow Alaska? Tent? Heating with wood?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:42 AM

Well a 2000 sf usually goes around 100,000 BTU heating. And I came up will 2.67 tons so a 3 ton ac unit. Depending on if you are to stories or 1 and also what type of heat you are looking at. Gas electric, exc.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Also are you on a crawl space or full basement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size AC unit do I need? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 708SF block construction home with a window ac unit and central (gas) heat. I want electric ac and heat. What size AC unit do I need.

What size window unit [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, I have a rental house that up to this point I have never had air conditioning in. The renter could put a air unit in if they wanted one. *** Had to many stolen by tenants over the years. I want to put a unit in, the house is about 800 sq ft, a small two bedroom , one bath. It has a...

What size unit do I need? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 17 year old home that needs the heatpump replaced. It is currently a 4 ton unit for the upstairs only. The level that it needs to cool is approx. 2500 sq feet. Do I need a 4 ton unit?

Size of ac unit needed to match a carrrier heating unit [ 3 Answers ]

I had a Carrier natural gas heating unit installed in 2003. Model number 58STA/STX 070 Catalog number 535-80105. My ac unit has gone out and the company I bought the heating unit from has gone out of business. What size ac unit will match the heating unit? Thanks so much!:cool:

View more questions Search