Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trudru33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Adding shower/tub to slab
    I want to add a shower/tub to my 1/2 bath to make it a full bath I noticed that there is an extra 4" cast iron drain flush with the slab that would be about where the tub drain would go my question is how do I go about adding a trap the proper way with code and all
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 8, 2007, 07:55 AM
    If we're talking about a 4" floor drain you will have to take up thje floor drain and reduce to 2". You will then install a 2"trap and raiser 15 1/2" off the back wall and 1 1/2" off the front plate to the center of the raiser. You will also need to cut a 12 X12" tub dap-out around the trap in the cement. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding Shower To Existing Garden Tub! [ 5 Answers ]

I need some advice on how to add a shower to a beautiful existing garden tub we have in our master bath. The tub came with the house we bought back in 1990. We have carpet in our bath which has become old, stained, and a bit moldy and plan on re-doing the floor. However, the tub is a bit of a...

Installing shower or tub on concrete slab [ 1 Answers ]

mattp New Member Join Date: Nov 2006 Posts: 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am getting started on installing a full bath in my basement and I am some what intimidated by the tub/shower situation. I have a rough in for the tub...

How to install a shower/tub on a slab? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1/2 bath in my basement (toilet and sink). House built in 1964. I would like to add a fiberglass shower/tub combo, however, there is no drain for a shower or tub. How difficult is it to cut the slab to allow installation of the drain line? -The shower/tub drain would be 6 ft. from the...

Adding shower to existing lav over a slab [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to add a stall shower to an existing half bath. Over a slab... I have never done this before and considering doing it myself... I can sweat pipe and can do basic carpentry... I know I need to jackhammer the floor remove and tap into the toilet line... are there any special concerns...

Hooking up drain for shower/tub on concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a unfinished bathroom in the basement on a cement slab. The rough in plubming is in place with a about a 12x12 hole in the cement. How do I hook up the drain to the Ptrap. I do not have access from the side wall. Do I need to cut an access hole in the adjacent room?

View more questions Search