Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jford4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Well water pressure tank not filling completely.
    I had my pump replaced last week and had no problems until Sunday.
    I have a galvanized pressure tank. The pressure tank does not fill before the pump shuts off, it basically empties and then the pump comes on. I end up with air in the lines.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 8, 2010, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    The pressure tank does not fill before the pump shuts off.
    A pressure tank isn't designed to fill completely, (see images).
    If it did your pump would run every time you flushed or drew a glass of water. What's the settings on your control box? Let me know. Tom
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 8, 2010, 05:03 PM

Do you have an automatic air valve? See the web page below.
    How to restore lost air in a building water pressure tank - private pump and well system do-it-yourself repairs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank not filling [ 11 Answers ]

I recently reinstalled a water tank and pressure switch and the tank doesn't seem to be filling and I have hardly any water pressure. I only get good pressure when the pump kicks in. I also installed a check valve to see if that would do anything.

New Hot Water Heater Wire Panel Filling With Water From Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new electric hot water heater. I have connected all the wires properly, I have connected the piping in the correct manner, and filled the tank. I was about to flip my breaker to turn the water heater on, and noticed a little moister around the panel that the wires come...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

New pressure tank not filling with water [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new submersible pump and a new 80 gallon pressure tank. Checked the pump out before hooking everything up and seems to be working fine. Hooked up the new pressure tank using the T with the pressure gauge on the left(facing the tank) and a pressure gauge on the right in the 1/4 inch...

Water tank not filling up [ 3 Answers ]

Today, we changed our kitchen sink. We drained the system, connected new taps,sink. Put water back on - first time ever no leaks. So off for a bath! We have no hot water.Having connected the cold valve on the washing machine to the valve on the hot water tap etc. we had a small amount of hot water...

View more questions Search