Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capebathtub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Convert tile shower to hot tub
    I would like to know just where I should start on this conversion. Have wonderful looking tile in the shower from floor to ceiling except on the entry. Want to know how to ensure the existing walls - tiled will be secure with the water from a soaking tub. Then how to go about the entry to be built and tiled to make a tub. I believe I have extra tile that was used in this shower. What is the best method for determining what is behind the tiles on the walls and about the floor! I so love my bath time but cash is tight right now. Please advise!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 02:35 AM

Sorry, you can turn existing shower into hot tub without extensive demo and water proofing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert Tub/Shower to a walk in shower. [ 4 Answers ]

I need to remove a tub in order to install a walking shower in order to be able to accommodate showering a family member who wheel chair bound. I wish to tile the walls and floor and slope the floor to the drain. What at some of the design features I need to consider? THX so much.

Convert a claw-foot tub to a hot tub? [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any kits available for adding jets, filter, heating to a claw-foot tub?

Convert shower/tub to walk-in shower in a condo [ 12 Answers ]

I would like to convert my tub to a walk-in shower and intall a small shower in the powder Room that shares the same wall as the existing shower/tub. I need to know if I can plumb This using the same shared vent that the sinks and tub are using? I haven't removed the Tub yet but the plumbing...

Replace fiberglass tub and shower unit with steel tub and tile [ 1 Answers ]

Advice for putting in the enaeled steel tub in place of the fiberglass tub and shower unit? Also, from those with experience on getting the fiberglass unit out-Sawsall, etc. Steps you used and where to start sawing first? Thank you, one and all. GJ

Convert shower to soaking tub? [ 8 Answers ]

I have 2 bathrooms, both with showers, and no room to convert either one into a tub. So I thought about building up the wall on one and converting it to a soaking tub. The shower is square with 3-sides wall, ceramic tile. The new wall would be built onto the front with maybe a low seat added inside...

View more questions Search