Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashgerhart12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 01:39 AM
    Proof of abortion
    I was wondering if anyone knows a way to prove I had an abortion? I don't have the medical records because I didn't want anyone to find out that I had one. I had no other options or believe me I would NOT have done this and everyday since I've gotten it done I regret the decision but know it was the right one given the circumstances. Now somehow the father of the child found out about everything and is asking for proof that I had an abortion and that I'm not just keeping his child from him. I cannot seem to find anyway to prove that I had the abortion as opposed to adoption and he says he won't leave the subject alone until he finds proof one way or another. Any tips on how to prove this would be helpful
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 03:26 AM
    Tell the father to go to "....." and that you don't have to prove anything. Stop talking to him and forget him. You made a choice and don't need to and have no obligation to prove.

Tell him to prove you had the baby and shut up.

But you can go to the clinic where it was done and request a copy of the medical record.

I woun't, but you could
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 8, 2013, 04:18 AM
    Just because you don't have the records, doesn't mean the doctor or clinic that performed the adoption doesn't have them. You just go back to them and ask for documentation.

But yes, it is up to the father to prove you had the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 yrs old, I had an abortion 6 yrs ago after abortion I put multiloader (loop). After 2 yrs got pregnant and again I aborted the child and got 3 yrs loop inserted. Last month I took of the loop. My husband still do not wants a child I do not have a single kid. 1: Is again putting Loop for 3...

How much "stronger" is a drink with 100 proof alcohol than one with 80 proof alcohol? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend and I disagree about how to compute the difference between two drinks, one with 100 proof vodka and one with 80 proof. By volume the difference is 10% (40% vs 50% by volume), but in reality, isn't the one with 50% by volume 25% stronger than the one with 40% by volume? In other words,...

Abortion [ 6 Answers ]

I am 18weeks pregnant right now and married. I am having mixed feelings about having this baby. On one hand I am extremely thrilled but then on other hand I am already feeling regret like I shouldn't because I have doubts about my husband's faithfulness. My gut is telling me that I shouldn't have...

If I get an abortion, do I have to provide proof to the supossed father [ 4 Answers ]

I am being threatned by my unborn child's father, so if I get an abortion he says I have to show him proof or he will have to subpeona the records, can he do this?

Should You Send Proof Of Being Judgment Proof [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, if you fell behind on your credit card payments after you had thyroid surgery, and on SSI, and have no other assets, don't own a car, home or bank account. Your SSI goes direct deposit, & a debt collection agency that is suing you is asking for proof of your being on SSI, is it wise to send a...

View more questions Search