Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outside12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 02:33 AM
    I'm over 18 and this is my first offense
    I am over 18 and never have been in trouble with the law. I shoplifted today about $60 worth of items at walmart. I know it was stupid and I still can not believe I did this. The security officer asked me to come with him. He did not call the cops but he said that I will get a letter in the mail that tells me a court date. He said a fine will be issued too. Will I go to jail? I have already wrote an apology letter to walmart and was thinking of calling them and apologizing. What will happen now?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 06:10 AM
    You'll go to Court, very possibly be fingerprinted, get a very stern warning, pay a Court fine, undoubtedly be placed on probation for a period, perhaps be required to do community service and be ordered to pay restitution to Walmart for its time and trouble.

Walmart doesn't fool around - they will not drop the charges.

I wouldn't argue the "cannot believe I did this" aspect. You did it. I would be VERY sorry and apologetic and swear it will never happen again.

There is a possibility you will be banned from Walmart for a period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One and only offense [ 3 Answers ]

I got arrested 9 years ago in Nov. for possession of 2 kilos and a gun. I had lost my job do to a manager who disliked me. She found a way to get me fired which later after review came to be false. After losing my job I wasn’t aware that unemployment was even a resource till I was able to find a...

Second Offense [ 1 Answers ]

I was just caught shoflifting for the second time, what can I expect that could happen to me when I go to court

Second offense but different theft [ 8 Answers ]

My first offense was about 1000 with court cost judge gave me restituion and plus they got the laptop back. Recently at my job for year,I needed another shirt for my job,but forgot to pay for it.it was $9.99.now want to say iwas shoplifting what do you think the judge will do.Since thi is a...

Second offense [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I was charged with theft by taking a motor vehicle and contributing to a delinquency of a minor last year. I was sentenced to 3 yrs probation under the first offenders act. A few days a go I was arrested for theft by shoplifting $1601.93 worth of merchandise, and cont. to delinquency of a...

View more questions Search