Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 10:35 PM
    I had one, I was having fun with ( OK fun getting all of those letters,) for months, they were kidnapped at the end of it, and needed money to save them.

But the scam varies, in some they are already in the US, but just another state, and just need plane money or even bus fare. ( I guess if you get enough people to send 200 dollars it still is a lot of money.

But heck I would love to go to Ghana again, there are lots of wonderful people, and some of the hardest working people I know. Ate at a dinner ran by a Ghana couple today for lunch.

And people of course do have accidents, I have a serious one about 2 week ago.

But also, yes old people do text and message fairly fast at times. While I have a slight spelling problem, I can in general out type many people 1/2 my age.
    gil123 Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2011, 11:47 AM
    I think at this point I will talk to her over the phone only this way I know who I am speaking with. I will

Not chat with her online to cut down if there is someone else chatting with me unless it is necessary.I will

Chat with her if she start going on video cam again. She seem to be a really nice person, and I know you

Think she sweeting me up but this way I talk to her on phone to weed out the any deception to find any truth

Or any other.

Dec 1, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Here the situation now... not talking to this women much anymore!! She did ask for money for food but I held it off so she kept calling about it then after that she never call back or email about what going on with me. I am very suspicious about her action and I think she is a fake... about 3 weeks ago she sent me a video of her and in the background was sounded like someone speaking either Russian or Ukrainian... I ask her about she say they speaking Mexican and I know for a fact that was not Mexican because I live AROUND A LOT OF them and can tell is not Mexican. I caught her in a straight up lie and maybe she is Russian. I will ask one of my Russian friend to make sure or not... but for sure is not of Spanish language
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 1, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Sorry that this is all seeming to be a scam... it's a hard thing to find out that someone you cared about and who you thought cared about you is only trying to rip you off. The good thing is that you were able to realize this before it cost you too much money.

Dec 16, 2011, 11:55 AM
    All of you on the most part right about this women that I was seeking. I found out she was on scam alert on the Ghana immigration website surprised to my eyes their she was and had a fake passport also. I not sure if that was whom I been talking with or chatting with... maybe the video cam she was on in the beginning probably a recording of her like you said who hire pretty girl to do this. I am just upset about what I have seem.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Like odinn said, we're glad you figured this out sooner than later. That's what I like about this site -- people care about each other and do their best to help each other.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Many times they sell or use fake ID and photos from dozens of scammers. Also often the person you are email or chatting with may be a 60 year old grandma just paid to talk to people.
    Online often men even play the roles of the girls.
    They keep a history of all the chats so they know what was talked about before. And they have written scripts to follow.

Dec 16, 2011, 12:47 PM
    I have this other Ghana women I am chatting with... Did see her on cam but going to make sure its not s recording or what... We seem to like each other and she not ask no money. She said she a teacher and can provide for herself but did want to come to usa to be with me. She has expired passport and will pay expenses to get here though she ask for some help for total expense to come here. So far she has not ask for food money, no accident money, no I have malaria money yet but as I go along I will see.
    mralabanza2012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 09:13 AM
    I too have meet a woman online from Ghana. She has told me that she needs $280.00 dollars to come to San francisco to come here to marry me. Its for a visa and passport. I have never meet this person in my life and she keeps telling me on how are life will be when we get married and that she loves me. I KNOW THIS IS A SCAM BUT
    HOW CAN I GET THIS PERSON TO COME TO THE SAN FRANCISCO CALIFORNIA WITHOUT Using MY OWN MONEY. I will not send her the $280.00 and once she gets it she gone! Never to be seen again. I REALLY WANT TO CATCH THIS PERSON AND PUT HER BEHIND BARS. I Don't KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE SHE HAS SCAMMED IN HER LIFETIME BUT I THINK NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOW THESE SCAMMERS THAT THEY CAN BE CAUGHT AND BE PUT IN JAIL. So if you have any ideas on how to catch this scammer from ghana please email me some tips on how to catch her and put her behind bars. Please email me at >Removed< with your tips and answers.
    Thank you
    Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 09:38 AM
    You are not going to catch them, this is one of Ghana's largest business, they have large offices with rows of people on computer, on phone and on video every day doing this 1000's of times.

They are script writers.

Just like this poor guy who will not accept it is a fraud, now has another girl, of course he does, the same office with the first girl, dropped her when she was found fake, so now all of a sudden there is another girl, who does not need as much money, but they will get a little.

These groups control the local government, and are beyond any law enforcement. If you went there to catch them, you would just be dead in a alley way, killed by the bad guys, if they did not merely hire the police to kill you for them.

Jan 2, 2012, 05:34 PM

mralabanza2012... if you go to the ghanaimmigration.org website you can see the actual cost for passports/visa and last time I check was 70.00 for express service but not sure if 280.00 included the fee for the agent who they say is processing all the docs.. Go to the webpage and check the scam alert page maybe she is there the 1st women I was chatting with is on it, the blond hair women if you check the site out. Let me know may be the same women you chatting with... Have you ever seen her on cam yet... if you seen her in beginning that would be it you will never again see her on cam again... they will have excuse not to... but perhaps this may be real or have her share the cost... let me know what happens

Jan 2, 2012, 09:29 PM
    This second women emailed me her expired passport to me but found out is fake... I compared it to the fake and real passport formats on the ghanaimmigration.org website and found is same format as some of the fakes ones than the real ones. So what the F.. k these people think we are!! Born yesterday even I did give a little cash to the first women... This women already know I am going to check that website so how stupid is she... I talk to this women earlier today but does not talk or soumd like the chat or email like with the person I am talking with over the phone... I going to play her game for minute and see how she reacts... This women sent me a few pics of her to me to my house... if she was real sure would be a good thing but I guess now is not... and she again refuse to go on cam.. This person suppose to be a teacher but but has few words to say always Uhhhmmmmm and seems has hard time getting the words out but when on chat has easier time with the words so tells me is someone else... I just hope the best for them and hope they stop all this scams
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Why are you stuill online chatting with women from Ghana? What's the point?
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 08:11 AM
    They keep trying because you keep talking, somewhere you want to believe, so they will try again, perhaps this time with a real passport, ( they do that do, by steal or borrow but buy or using someone with a real passport. So they will just improve. Since you sent money once and will keep talking with them, they think they have a chance. ( which they do, since you keep going back to them)

Jan 3, 2012, 08:46 AM
    I found out that she was a scam. She goes by the name of qteye martey. I WAS LOOKING ON YOU TUBE UNDER SCAMS IN GHANA. AnD I FOUND HER PICTURE ON THIS VIEDO.Now she is still saying that this is the work of this guy that brought her to the u.s.a a while back. This so call guy larry that she said put her picture on this video and now I believe that she is a scam artist. She place her ad on flirtomatic.com which is a free web site to chat with people.HERE IS THE INFORMATION THAT SHE GAVE ME TO SEND THE MONEY THAT I WAS GOING TO SEND HER: Name is teye martey country ghana zip code 00233 address is laplza 1st road.Now when I found out this I was thankfull that I did the research on her.when she sends me these letters they seem that they are scripted that someone is doing all the writeing on these love letters to me.IM GOING TO TRY TO CATCH HER ON REPORT HER TO THE PROPER PEOPLE SO NO ONE ELSE WILL GET SCAMMED.aNY IDEAS ON HOW I CAH PUT THIS PERSON AWAY FOR A LONG TIME FOR SCAMMING.I still have here email address its at [email protected] hit here up and you will see what kind of b.s letters that she sends. I don't believe her anymore SHE IS A SCAM ARTIST JUST LOOKING FOR A QUICK BUCK.sHE ADMITTED THAT IT WAS HER PICTURE ON THIS VIDEO.Thats the answer I wanted to hear.
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 09:36 AM
    You move on with your life, and have no more contact with her.

There is nothing legal you can do, this type of activity is allowed in their nation, in fact most of it is ran and operated by large crime groups who may even control parts of the police and local governments.

Jan 3, 2012, 01:21 PM
    I AM CUTTING ALL TIES WITH THIS PERSON. Thank you for your input and information. Really thank you without your input and information I would have made a huge mistake on sending her that money.once again thank you. You have just saved me 280.oo
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 02:44 PM
    We all lose money on some things, I have lost more than that on a bad "real life" date before. Many guys lose that much on a night at the strip club, and so on.
    We live and learn, when matters of the heart are involved we often don't make smart choices

Jan 3, 2012, 05:01 PM
    I know most of these women in Ghana are scammers be better find one locally or some personal referral to a women abroad and not talking just ghana. In the beginning they all show themselves on cam then after that is impossible to get them on cam. The first women say her computer broke or the café does not allow cam to I have to pay my internet connection at my home. THe second one say her computer broke also and she has to get a new one to I have to go to my friends house to use computer but still can not go on cam and always refuse to go on. For this simple task they can not show themselves and THeY MAKE IT A VERY BIG ISSUE.I going to play there game just to play there game. I tried to call the first one to see if she going to pick up the phone she never did so I got a skype account and my phone number is different and she pick it up but I did not say anything... so I assume she still scamming... but all looking for some money down the road whether it be 30.00 to 200.00 it adds up especially if they have many victims... when I sent money it usually sent through Western union with a password to to receive it but better to have ID and another way of identification...

Jan 3, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Does anyone know about the K1 fiancée visa requirement for a women to come to you to usa... I check the usembassy website but seem there is a conflict with one of the members requirements... I am not talking about just Ghana... My friend did this awhile back ago to get her finacee from the Philippines... would like to know some members input

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana passport fee for Ghana citizens [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know,the cost of a Ghanaian citizen is required to pay in Ghana,when applying for a new passport,for the first time, The person resides in Tema,and does he need to travel to Accra,to apply for a passport.

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

Is there a ghana marriage certificate?how much is the cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a ghana marriage certificate?how much is the cost?

I believe I am being scammed by a lady named Mary from Ghana. How can I be sure? [ 19 Answers ]

I was emailed a picture of beautiful Girl, living in Ghana. After three weeks, I bought through westernunion a cell phone and minutes for her. Cost: $110.00 Then a week later I sent $850.00 for Visa and passport. Third a week later I sent $321 for blood test. My co-worker has married man from...

View more questions Search