Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rm955 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 05:50 PM
    How do you become a cop ?
    I am 12 years old and when I grow up I want to be a cop so I want some info on how to become a cop when I am older so I know where to go and how.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 22, 2010, 05:54 PM

You will need to attend your local police academy. It will probably have a WEB site, that you can look for now and find out the requirements.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 07:25 PM

Most normally you will want to go to college and get a 4 year degree.
    chefpierce Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2010, 05:55 PM
    Police have their own academy, but you're better off to get a 4 year degree in criminal justice or related field, stay out of trouble completely, and apply for a job once you graduate from college, where you will go through a rigorous interview process, at which point you are invited to the police academy. Other way, join the military, serve your country, and if you get an honorable discharge, you're a shoe in!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to become a cop [ 5 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and I was stupid about 3 years ago and used one of my friends credit cards I was arrested and had to go to court and I got it all deffered I have nothing on my record, it was a dumb mistake and I have paid the price. Is there any way I can still be a cop if I've messed up but I...

80's Cop comedy. Cop thinks he has fatal disease so takes risks? Title? [ 1 Answers ]

Should be an easy one for the experts, title should explain it all, but cop thinks he has fatal disease and 6 months to live, (because of mix up at doctor), also if he dies in action his family gets more money, so he takes many crazy risks during his work as a cop. Sorry can't even picture the...

I want to become a cop [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 22 years old I have a felony charge with 3 year probation 2nd degree assault. I have 1 year left to my probation I was never arrested and I paid my restituition in full. I want to become a cop I live in Maryland can I become a cop with this prior record I know I have to at least wait for my...

2 part movie, murderer dressed as cop or maybe was cop [ 1 Answers ]

Can't think of the name. Was a two nighter, 4 hours. Murderer had a police uniform on, so people trusted him. Remember a winnebago ( I think) was the getaway for people that had been kidnapped by bad cop. Large mean dogs also, dobermans, I think. Bad guy sort of looked like mean doc on scrubs,...

IP Cop Help [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys I recently got adsl with a router. This is the problem. The router will only let my client machine connect if its giving out DHCP. If I use static with the router as default gateway I can do anything on the net. I am now trying to setup an ipcop(1.4.6) machine. I have given the...

View more questions Search