Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackinthebox98 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Dec 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
    Can a victim become a suspect and convicted in a court case?
    I charged an ex-friend of mine for a randomly assaulting me and accusing me of hacking his computer. I, in fact, DID NOT hack his computer and it seems like he attacked me from suspicion. I also had two witnesses (friends) who gave statements about the assault.

I am wondering if my ex-friend told the police he attacked me because I hacked his computer, will there be a discussion of this in the trial? The case is ASSAULT.

Dec 21, 2010, 09:01 PM
    I live in Ontario, Canada by the way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2010, 09:16 PM

First you are assuming there will be a trial.

Next at trail the state ( crown) will try to prove he did the elements of the crime.

They may try and bring it up, and it may or may not be allowed in.

And it happens, that the victim also many times may have done other non related crimes that they also get arrested for.

Even if you did the hacking, that is not an excuse or a defense for attacking you

Dec 21, 2010, 09:24 PM
    Well I did not get arrested.

Would a case like this be hard for the prosecutor to find the suspect guilty of? I gave a statement, and my two other friends who also witnessed the assault gave statements. I was also taken pictures of the bruises in the ambulance. I just don't want to get involved with any trial.

I'm sure he would just plead guilty instead of starting a trial if he can be convicted easily in the trial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to recover a deleted email for an upcoming court case. Do I NEED a court order? [ 1 Answers ]

I have heard that the Google "people" can recover deleted emails with a court order. So does that mean recovery is possible? I need this email for a court case but would like to avoid the hoops of obtaining a court order. Any advice?

Why move a case from "small claims court" to civil court [ 6 Answers ]

I have filed a case, in small claims court, againts a property management company. Why would their lawyer ask to have it moved to civil court

Possible Court Case? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Yesterday I was followed from my residence to a parking garage about 30 miles away. It wasn't until I got to the garage that I realized that the same vehicle that was behind me in my subdivision was behind me in the garage. I panicked! I left the garage and the vehicle followed. I...

Future custody case for convicted felon dad [ 6 Answers ]

Someone I love very much will be released from prison soon. How, What, and Where are the questions I'm asking as far as finding him a good attorney in the state that his ex wife is now located along with his son. Obviously, its got to be in the jurisdiction that his son is in. Which websites are...

Court case [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long one. I would really like to hear from someone who really knows the legal system well. This question particularly pertains to the Calvin Harris case in NY. Supposedly what wsa said happened was he killed his wife the day of the terrorists attacks, if you want to...

View more questions Search