Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forgottenagain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 04:27 PM
    No contact with children
    My ex has had joint custody of our children for 8 years. I don't drive, and he has mentally controlled them for years. My daughter (now 19) loves him but knows what he's like. Recently he has moved and I don't know the address. Can I do something about this without involving the children?
    We have always had a temporary custody order. The reason for this being is I had a mental break down and when I was in the hospital he made arrangements to have them taken away from my care. It was only temporary but because I had no job skills (I was a stay at home mother) and could not find a decent job I figured it was best to leave them with him. Well now he won't even let me contact them except via Facebook. He controlled my life when I was married to him, but now he is controlling them. What can I do?
    P.S. He now how a nice big house and a new family... I have a basement apartment, a good job but also pay child support.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2010, 04:29 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

You said there was a temp custody order did that order specify anything about visitation? Was there a specific schedule. You also mention it was joint custody, was that joint physical or legal custody or both?

If you have visitation and he moved and is not allowing you that visitation, he is in contempt of the court order. You will have to go back to the court that issued the order to file the contempt charge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a registered sex offender live with children who are family or their own children [ 7 Answers ]

Can a sex offender live with children in their families or their own children if the offense is not on them

Can my partner adopt my 2 children,there father doesn't have contact with them [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with my partner for 4 years I have 2 chidren from a previous relationship my children don't have any contact with there real dad he doesn't pay csa and they haven't seen him for 3 years.could my new partnes adopt them and how?

Is contact on twitter a violation of a no contact order [ 1 Answers ]

If someone is on post prison supervision, with a no contact order on the vivtim, and is following said victim on twitter, is that a violation of the no contact order?

Calif.Inheritance taxes on savings bonds & Roth Ira direct to Children/Grnd Children? [ 2 Answers ]

In California is there inheritance tax (State or Federal) on savings bonds left to grandchildren or Roth Ira funds left to the children directly and outside of the Living Trust? Is the tax rate higher to the grandchildren than it would be if the bonds were left to the children? Is the tax paid...

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

View more questions Search