Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ledorider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 10:29 PM
    Ask a chemical engineer
    I'm generating oxygen and hydrogen with electrodes for water treatment.This is 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen.This works. I like to know which of the two is more important
    In this processas as I can controle the qty of each.
    Thank you
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2010, 10:46 AM

Uh, I don't quite understand your question...

Do you want to know the importance of hydrogen and oxygen? :confused:
    ledorider Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 05:51 PM
    Hi, splitting molecules of water gives 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen, this sanitize water, it's a fact.
    Water flows inside a ionisation chamber to the tank for use. I can change this process.. what if I give 80% hydrogen and 20% oxygen... or equal 50-50% quantity... or 80% oxygen and 20% hydrogen? How will be the water? This I do not know, electronic is my game but not chemistry. Thank you
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2010, 05:08 AM

Oh, OK, now I have a better insight of what you were asking for.

Well, it is better if you remove the 1 oxygen and 2 hydrogen (in volume, in percentage, etc).

If you remove more hydrogen, your resulting solution (the waste water) will be alkaline which can dissolve sand (when it goes to the sea).

Removing more oxygen will render the resulting solution more acidic, and I guess you are better informed about the consequences of too much acidity in the environment. Plus, if your equipment is contains metal parts in contact with the acidic water, they might dissolve with time.

I hope I answered your question :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are frequently asked questions in technical interview of Chemical Engineer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I'm B.Tech in Petrochemical Technology... plz let me know the question asked in technical interview of Chemical or Process Engineer By learning any chemical software can I improve my marketability... Please help this out... :confused:

How to get a license as marine engineer for third engineer in U.S.A. Or U.K [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a student in South Korea and I also have Third engineer license for working on a merchant ship in Korea. But I want get a license in U.S.A or U.K. So could you tell me what I have to do for this. I want work in a U.S.A company or U.K one having a license which I will get a...

Marine engineer license for a second engineer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madom What is the Prossure in uptaining an second marine engineer license ,

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search