Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emendez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Felony Probation
    My brother received 5 years of felony probation for theft and other things but he recently was late to a court date and he was rescheduled to another date but what he didn't know was he had a warrant for his arrest because he didn't go to court but he actually did. So they pciked him up and took him back to jail is this a violation of his probation and could he go to prison for this?
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Apr 20, 2009, 08:50 PM

Sorry but I think getting arrested is a probation violation which would mean he'll probably go to prison. I'm just guessing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
    Sorry but I think getting arrested is a probation violation which would mean he'll probably go to prison. I'm just guessing.

And it's a good guess! Yes, getting arrested is a probation violation and now it will be up to a Judge to sentence the person to the original sentence (probation is in lieu of jail time) or give the person a second chance.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 10:44 AM

His being late for a scheduled hearing and not showing up in time is definitely a violation. Just because he showed up late is irrelevant - he should have showed up early or ontime. And yes, now it's going to be up to the Judge to decide his fate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

If anyone knows something about felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please give me some advice on my questions?

Felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

I was sentenced 3 years probation and I want to get off early. My po says I can but I need to know how long a felon has to serve on paper before they can get off?

How to tell a job about felony probation [ 1 Answers ]

I was hired for a job about 5 months ago. About 2 months ago I was arrested for somethng that an attorney could get me out of but I had to take a public defender.. How do I tell my employee? :o :( :confused:

View more questions Search