Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    may87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 07:47 PM
    repo med bills=bad credit need good credit
    I'm a young adult wanting to buy a house for my child that's on the way just to have a better life than I did but my credit is not good I have a repo on a car about 2yrs ago and have medical bills how can I get this fixs, is it possible to clean my credit or something I really need help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 07:49 PM

Every year your credit gets better that you pay your credit cards and other debts on time.

You can not really remove legal correct debts and late pays from your report.

But esp if you are saving money for a down payment, expect to need at least 10 percent to 20 percent for a down payment now adays.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2008, 08:27 PM

The best thing you can do is save for a down payment. The more you can put down on a home, the better chance you have of getting a loan.

But I have to take exception to your thinking that having a house means a better life for your child. There are very nice apartment complexes in many areas, that have green spaces, safe playgrounds etc. Going deep in debt to buy a house doesn't mean a better life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Left with credit card bills [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died and had credit cards under mine name without my knowledge. Am I responsible for paying the creditors if I didn't sign for the cards?

Old medical bills affecting my credit. [ 2 Answers ]

I have old medical bills on my credit report that are affecting my credit. I can't get a loan or a credit card. I don't make very much money but want to be able to remove this collections from my record. Someone told me that almost no one pays medical bills and that they go away but I want them...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Estate & credit bills [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I currently reside & own a co-op in the NYC area. The value of the co-op is about 160k, with 2 mortgage balances of about 125k. At the moment, the stocks are in my name & my ex-fiance's (she has agreed to be removed from the stock certificates), while the mortgages are solely under my name....

View more questions Search