Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaithu11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Yellow color line disply at monitor
    Hi,

I have Samsung lcd monitor my problem is when I start system a yellow color line(up to down) is displayed at left side of the monitor.
    Please help me to solve this problem .

Thanks,
    Chaitanya
    =OTS=G-Man Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Sep 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
    If it's there all the time, could be 1 of 2 things,

1) video card has had heat damage causing memory issues on it.
    2) your LCD is bad. And if its an entire line, your out if luck, one stuck pixel is one thing, whole line is another.

To test try plugging you monitor into another computer and see if it happens there, if it does, then your LCD is shot. If it doesn't, then try plugging in a different monitor into your system. If it shows up there, then your video card is in damaged, and is time to get a new card.

If its an on board video card, it could be the motherboard or your memory (most likely the GPU chip it self on the motherboard) in that case you would need to get a new video card in plug it into an open expansion slot and disable your on board, if possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Thermostat color code? No Yellow Wire. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Lindsay And Im Having Trouble Installing My New Honeywell thermostat:o it's a non digital thermostat, round one the old fashioned kind, I don't know where to connect which wire because I don't know which wire is which I have the following wires Green Brownish?:o White Red...

Monitor and computer flashing yellow light [ 4 Answers ]

My monitor and computer stays in power save mode and I'm stuck at what to do. I've tried shutting the entire system down by turning off everything. It then comes back on green (the monitor) but the computer light remains yellow (flashing). Can someone advise me on what to do PLEASE!!

Monitor flashes yellow [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My monitor flashes yellow all the time. Some times its normal then everything gets this yellow tint to it. The yellow get pretty bright then it will go back to normal again. Help me is my monitor going out or is something wrong with my computer?:confused:

View more questions Search