Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caola Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Hi There,

My 401K balance has been dropping down and I have lost almost 8% in three months,
    Can somebody give me some advise on how to allocate my investment. Should I put
    All my money into cash ( and bonds) to avoid risk until economy gets better ?
    I still have 10 more years to retire.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:01 PM
    1. Everything depends on your age and how aggressive you are willing to be.
    2. In general, judgments should not be made on 3 months of activity.

How did you decide on the investments that you're currently invested in?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Rick,
    I will retire in 10 years ( by 64 ) and I prefer to be not very aggressive,nor very conservative. I put 15% in cash, 15% in bond,others in stock.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Good for cash and bonds. Stocks can range from very aggressive to super conservative.

Even at 10 years from retirement I still stick with "don't judge on 3 months worth".

For your retirement target I suggest fairly (but not fully) conservative investing.

Are the stocks individual - or are they in mutual fund groups? Post what stocks or fund groups you're in... I'd think some here can give better opinions based on that.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:53 PM
    my current investment elections are:
    AF EuroPac Growth -R4 25%
    AF Growth Fund of AM-R4 10%
    ACI Large Co Value-Inst 15%
    Liverstrong 2025 Inst 10%
    SSgA MSCI EAFE Ind - C 10%
    Cash/Bond 30%

Can some experts give me better options than above ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k [ 2 Answers ]

1. Can I use rental income to contribute to my Solo 401k? 2. If I pay myself a salary to manage my rental properties, Can some of that salary be contributed to my Solo 401k? 3. What’s the 402(g) limit for 2006? 4. Can 2006 contributions be made up to April 15, 2007.

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

Should I go for 401k? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am an Indian national who got 2 yr visa for Studies in US(f1). After completing my degree, I am employed by a wall street bank as an associate. They have a 401k program in which they will not match my contribution for the first year but after that to an extent(5% of income). I have no...

401k [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was laid of from his job due to downsizing last April. He had been with the company for a little over 4.5 years. We recently received notification that the company had taken back their matched contributions to his 401K leaving only his contributions. Is this legal? Is there any...

View more questions Search