Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonya031 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2007, 09:35 AM
    2nd time felony charge
    Hey my fiancé had caught a charge back in 98' for scat sale and armed criminal action he served 3yrs and was on probation for 2yrs. Now 6yrs later he was caught driving with a concealed weapon and a possession charge. What are we up against court is set for nov 5th can you give me the maxium punishment he may face and what's the minuim. We do have a lawyer to work on the case but is there any chance of maybe just probation or maybe a shock treatment in the county jail. Please give me the in's and out's of our situtation.He has not neen in any trouble until now after being released 6yrs ago and has maintained a job and he also received custudy of both of his oldest daughters.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Oct 3, 2007, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonya031
    hey my fiance had caught a charge back in 98' for scat sale and armed criminal action he served 3yrs and was on probation for 2yrs. now 6yrs later he was caught driving with a concealed weapon and a possesion charge. what are we up against court is set for nov 5th can you give me the maxium punishment he may face and what's the minuim. we do have a lawyer to work on the case but is there any chance of maybe just probation or maybe a shock treatment in the county jail. please give me the in's and out's of our situtation.
    Have you asked your lawyer this question? Sentencing requirements are based on state statute. How did he do on probation and what has he been doing since he completed probation? Off the subject, are you comfortable with a dude that carries and sells or uses drugs?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 3, 2007, 09:45 AM
    There is an old saying 'if you did the crime you must do the time'. I don't know for sure but hey, its his second offence and on top of that, an offence driving with a concealed weapon (why did he do this by the way?). Concealing a weapon is big time as far as the law is concerned but its up to the judge to say what he thinks of it.

I guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time.

This is just my opinion and two cents, we do have experts here that will probably chime in and give their opinion and answer your question.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Hello sonya:

Well, it's not as simple as that. There are a jillion different things that go into sentencing. You've presented three or four. Therefore, it's impossible to tell you with any certainty, what he's facing.

I can tell you two things, however. Both crimes involved weapons. That's not good at all. The second thing is, what will happen to him is directly related to the quality of his lawyer. The better he is, the better off your fiancée is.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd DUI Felony Conviction, [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: Hi I am 25 year old female living in Long Island ny, I am currenty a student taking on a dual major, working full time. I just took on a summer internship and I am attending an outpatient drug program to which I am compliant and don't have any problems with. I am going to...

Violated probation for marj. Possession charge 2nd. [ 2 Answers ]

Now sure if you can help with the possibilites of the outcome, but my boyfried was charge a yr ago for marj. Possession 2nd here in Alabama. His sentence of 1yr was suspended, but he continuously failed his drug tests and was then ordered to go to rehab. He did not attend either then had to...

Felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé has a felony charge and was convicted in march of 2001 for aggrivated DUI. I would like for him to come and visit me in canada for a week or two . Are there certain restrictions againt him coming into Canada? If so, is there a certain process that he would have to go through before doing...

Wrongful felony charge [ 10 Answers ]

Upon returning home from and internship in the UK, I was told by US customs officers at JFK that there is a warrant out for my arrest in the state of NC. I was detained for about 2 hours, though they ultimately let me go because the fingerprinting computer kept freezing(!) I just found out that...

View more questions Search