Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Badboy61554 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Virginia Dmv
    If you have a mental or physical condition that may impair your ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, even temporarily, you must provide DMV with a medical statement from your physician/nurse practitioner. Some of these conditions include:

Level of consciousness
    Seizures
    Vision changes
    Impairment of judgment
    Loss of motor functions

DMV's Seizure/Blackout Policy, established by our Medical Advisory Board, states that a person must be seizure-free or blackout-free for at least six months to establish medication and regain proper medical control before driving. If a person is currently licensed and DMV is notified that the person has experienced a seizure, loss of consciousness or blackout, DMV will suspend the person's driving privilege for a period of six months from the date of the last episode.

DMV will evaluate the medical information to determine if a driver's license may be issued or restricted.

This is from the dmv's website *** Does this mean, if a friend goes out and gets drunk, having a blackout, that the dmv can suspend his driving privledges or does this only have to be a medical problem...
    TimCushman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:41 AM
    My son is very interested In buying a used car 1989 Ford Mustang Coupe But the guy doesn't have the title, I have Title Number 772719070027014 it was last titled in North Carolina I believe But the previous owner is a merchant marine and is now out to sea. VIN 1FABP40A7KF110733. Is there anything else my son can get to protect himself from getting burned on this car? He wants it as a project car, swapping motor with his Convertible that he now has.

Thank You
    Tim
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2010, 09:35 AM

Hello Tim:

HAVING the numbers is NOT the same as having the document... The ONLY protection your son would have is IF he can title and register the car in NC (assuming that's where he is. I can't tell.) The only way to find that out is to take the SELLER and whatever documents or numbers he has to the DMV and ask them.

If he CAN'T title it, I wouldn't buy it.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2010, 10:02 AM

No title means that this is a highly fishy deal. Steer clear regardless of how "good" the car looks to your son. He's going to get burned and possibly arrested for stolen property. Is a car worth your son's freedom? Nah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DMV powers? [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently in a position, which I would honestly describe as somewhere between a rock and hard place. I lost my state ID, and my driver's license is currently suspended. I've searched high and low, and am certain that I need to go to the DMV to get a new copy of my ID before I go to court...

Florida DMV Database [ 1 Answers ]

Does the State of Florida allow you to peruse their DMV database to look up drivers Names?

Leasing in Virginia [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this forum so help me out here! I live in Virginia and signed a 1 year lease in March. I have been dating somebody and have decided to move in with him. I haven't had a chance to research my lease yet, but do recall when I signed it that I would only be responsible for 3 months or...

View more questions Search