Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldenbullet23 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 09:46 PM
    Though facing the music could lead to serious prison time. The thing I have been trying to avoid. I made a mistake in life which many people can make. I was stupid enough to get caught. If the repercussions were not so unusually high for this offense I would never risk my life like I have. The fact that they came to my house with a warrant and the fact I confessed openly to the detective initially leads me to believe I would be convicted upon return and therefore heavily punished. It is an extremely dangerous and scary proposition hence me wishing to go to australia or some other well-established nation. You make stupid decisions as an adolescent and I have been educated and wish to further excel my life. Class b-1 felony is no joke.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 09:59 PM
    So, running for the rest of your life is easier than facing the music?

Yes, you will be running for the rest of your life, possibly never to see your family again.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 16, 2013, 02:55 AM
    You asked this question under Criminal Law, but all you care about is what countries you can go to with a passport from a country you won't say.
    We have tried over and over to get to the very important question of where you actually stand with the law, and you refuse to go look on the website (probably haven't for years?) to see, or to get your parents to hire a lawyer to find out and give them some advice. For all you know the website isn't current anyway.
    Although it's the prosecutors who decide whether to drop a case or not, in the case of statutory rape of a minor who is above a certain age, not only do they listen to any changes of heart of the person who claimed rape, there all also CHANGES TO SUCH LAWS. WHAT IF? WHAT IF?

You are being a blithering idiot not letting us help you.
    You may never even get a JOB with all your advanced degrees, much less see your family again.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2013, 03:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenbullet23 View Post
    Though facing the music could lead to serious prison time. The thing i have been trying to avoid. I made a mistake in life which many people can make. I was stupid enough to get caught.
    As far as we know, you have ONE lawyer (with questionable ethics) telling you that you could face 12 years in jail. Because you refuse to give any details of this mistake you made, we can't help you determine how true that was. However, I must admit, I don't see much in the way of remorse, just that you regret getting caught.

You really make it hard for anyone to want to help you. But if you want to spend the rest of your life in exile, that's your choice.
    fibian Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 16, 2013, 04:08 AM
    The way I see it, you have 2 choices:

1. stay where you are in definitely or 2. return to the US and face trial.

I'd recommend choice 2. build your case w a good lawyer and get in contact w the victim and have them testify for your side.

As for wanting to flee to yet another country, you can technically enter w your other passport, but residency visas are going to be denied. Canada and Australia have strong character requirements and you'll be required to provide police profiles for any country you've ever lived in. seeing as you'll have serious sexual charges on your report, you'll be denied a visa on your character and morals alone. Living in any of these countries as an illegal immigrant will just be causing more problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape [ 4 Answers ]

Is it statutory rape in alberta canada for a 14 year old to have sex with a 19 year old? What happens if she gets pregnant and the fines and stuff just for sex?

I am on South Carolina probation and was arrested in North Carolina for shoplifting.. [ 6 Answers ]

I am on probation in sc and was arrested in nc.. will my po find out? Will I go to prison.. I have completed my drug classes and all my fines are paid on time..

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

View more questions Search