Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotrod2891 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 04:11 PM
    2000 gc limited 4.7 overheated now it cranks but will not start
    I have a 2000 jeep grand Cherokee with a 4.7 v8 just put new head gaskets water pump elec fan and clutch fan also new radiator , and thermostat. About a month ago however I guess I got a bad thermostat because it didn't open the other day and my jeep overheated I had the jeep towed to my house took out the thermostat and put it in boiling water it still didn't open. So again I replaced it after that I tried for the first time after overheating to start it and it will crank just fine, but will not fire up what could be my problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2014, 06:40 PM
    Was the head machined? Did you check that there was no damage done to the valves? If it overheated badly the other day, the aluminum head may have warped again. Other than that, go through all of the normal stuff; e.g. checking all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter, checking for codes, checking for spark, and checking for fuel.
    hotrod2891 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 06:56 PM
    I did a compresion test on all cylenders and a pressure test on the cooling system all is good there

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Blazer won't start, but cranks over strong. [ 2 Answers ]

I had a very similar experience with my 2000 Blazer. It would crank over strong, but wouldn't start. I disconnected / reconnected battery after 15 seconds, and it started right up. I have done this twice now successfully. But now on the way home, it died 3 times. And it did restart each time...

Kenmore limited dishwasher early 2000 model 665... [ 0 Answers ]

I removed/took off the wax motor to remove dispensor for cleaning, now after re installing it the latch won't close or lock the dispesnor cup unless I force it, all I did was remove it and put it back in did not disconnect the two wires, is there a reset or is this now bad since I removed it from...

90 Honda Civic overheated and tries to start [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was headed home the other day stuck in traffic, and my car started overheating so I drove two more miles home and then when I got to my driveway it stalled. The next day, I filled it up with water and checked the oil and all was fine. It tries to start, but won't. Thank you, Debra...

2000 Ford Explorer - Limited Edition [ 3 Answers ]

Our 2000 Explorer has the check engine light on - We had it checked and the problem noted is the EGR valve - Went to the auto parts store to get it and it is an OEM part - Problem is that in the parts supply it lists that the car has 3 different EGR valves listed so I do not really know which...

View more questions Search