Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ra17514627 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Heater blows cold
    1999 Dodge Ram 1500. Heater blows cold air. Checked all doors and are working OK. Have never had good hot air since owned truck 6yrs.

>email address removed<
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Reverse flush the heater core, using a commercial radiator/heater core flush product or CLR. Personally, I would reverse flush the whole cooling and heating system, remove both drain plugs on the engine block, and refill with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and distilled water. Be sure to read your Owner's Manual on how to refill the system, to purge all air from the system.
    joey4029 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Sep 15, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Is there a thermostat in the Truck?Temp gauge reading normal?

Check the cowl for leaves and whatever else that could clog up the heater core
    Sometimes you can take a flexable claw tool to get a sample of what's down in there

Feel the heater hoses and see if they are both hot(heater on full and engine warmed up)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Philco central heater only blows cold air, and will not stop blowing cold air. [ 0 Answers ]

Philco central heater only blows cold air when it should be blowing hot air. And it will not stop blowing even when I turn off the heat. The fan is not on it is on auto.

Heater continuously blows cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my gas furnace blows cold air ; the filter had been changed, the vents are not obstructed,and the thermostat has just been replaced?

Heater blows hot air, then cold [ 1 Answers ]

My home heater comes on, blows hot air for 10 to 15 minutes, then cold air until we turn it off. If we leave it off for about 30 minutes, it blows hot air again, for 10 to 15 minutes, then cold again. What do you think is the cause?

Heater blows warm air but also cold [ 1 Answers ]

Our heater blows warm air out as it is supposed to, but also blows cold air out of the cold air return vents. Any idea on how to fix this short of replacing the system?

View more questions Search