Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vcaroline1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
    5031c Board
    Can the IRS tell you who can be on a 5031c board?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Please explain, the IRS does not give you a list of names of people who has to be on the board. They may have restrictions as to people who have other ties to vendors and the such.
    vcaroline1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 12:01 PM
    What I am asking can they tell if a husband and wife can be on the same board?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 15, 2012, 12:06 PM
    You can put anyone on your board. If I remember the IRS booklet on 501c3 correctly, you don't even need a board. You only need a president, treasurer, and one other, I forget, VP? There are not for profits who put the people they are serving, such as felons or the mentally ill or drug addicts on their boards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Green board sheet rock VS cement board for show wall backing [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if the green sheet rock will do just as well as cement board for installing in a show that I'm planning on tiling?

Green board vs cement backer board for tub/shower surrounds [ 2 Answers ]

Our tub/hand held shower surround currently has green board (mold & waterproofed board) on the walls and is primed and painted. We are wanting to tile the walls, do we need to rip out the current green board and put up cement backerboard or can we put it right over the current green board? NAN

HOA Board Member Moves with board property [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently an HOA Board President. One of the board members (secretary) moved out of the community in the dark of night and abandoned his home. He took with him important documents mainly all board minute’s in addition or board seal. We have called, emailed and texted only to get no...

View more questions Search