Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    razzzz27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Electrical problem - 2004 Ford F-250 Diesel 6.0 liter
    When driving, lose all electrical - lights, guages, radio, A/C. Replaced both batteries on first occurrence... vehicle ran fine for 3 days. Now problem has returned. Lights/guages will flash briefly every 5-6 seconds. Eventually vehicle will stop running. Vehicle now will not start.
    Is this an alternator issue or possibly something much worse?
    preston95 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2012, 12:56 AM
    Sounds like alternator same thing happened to my parents blazer u could go to as local u pull parts place and get one cheap hope this helped
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2012, 06:27 AM
    Replace the alternator's regulator/brush holder assembly--the brushes wore down too far. Disconnect the negative battery cable, remove the 3 bolts to the back cover, and use a Torx 20 bit to remove the 3 screws to the regulator/brush holder assembly. 15 minute job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford 6 liter diesel problems? [ 0 Answers ]

Hey there! Ok I changed all 8 injectors, the truck ran good, but than the rpm while driving would stay up if took foot off pedal, than got home and it just shut down, now won't fire at all,also no smoke coming out of exhaust. Changed the comp still nothing.

Ford diesel 2003 problems 6 liter [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to buy a 2004 V10 f350 or 2003 6.0L diesel f350 but have heard nothing but bad things about both engines V10 gas hog with no power and the 2003 - 2005 6.0L problems widely known. Considering nothing else is available in my price range, which is worse/better?

6 liter ford diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

2003 6.0 l changed cracked fuel injector that dumped over a gallon of diesel into oil. Solved black smoking. Motor is spitting oil out of dip stick. I change the oil out and cleaned carbon from egr.Moter starts fine and seams to have all power no codes.

2004 Ford F-250 6.0 litre super duty turbo diesel // Block Heater [ 0 Answers ]

I own a 2004 Ford F-250 6.0 litre super duty turbo diesel. The vehicle came equipped with an engine block heater. I would like to know if there is a way to test that block heater. Can it be checked with a meter? I don't know if it is burned out or not. I don't want to go through all that work...

View more questions Search