Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheila43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
    How do I remove Public record from my Credit Report?
    Hi, I am currently paying a medical bill and its showing as negative public record on my credit report. How do I have this removed?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2012, 05:10 PM
    You can't. If the notation on your credit report is accurate then you can't remove it. I assume it is still a delinquent account that you have agreed to a payment plan.

You can only get inaccurate records removed.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila43 View Post
    Hi, I am currently paying a medical bill and its showing as negative public record on my credit report. how do I have this removed?
    Hello s:

You can challenge it. Although it's accurate, it MIGHT come off after they've done their investigation.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove 15 year old unpaid tax liens from credit report public records? [ 0 Answers ]

I have unpaid state tax liens that show up on my credit report under public records that are over 15 years old. On one report, Equifax, it shows one from 1991 and on Transunion it shows one from 1993 and one from 1990. Experians report doesn't show any public records. I was never served or...

How do I remove old debt from my credit report [ 1 Answers ]

I have debit from more than 10 years ago. How do I erase it from my credit report?

Removing a Judgment from Credit Report & Public Record [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in the midst of trying to clean up my credit report, get inaccurate things off and update current derrogatory info. I intend to disput everything I possibly can. However what concerns me most is a judgment on my report and its public record (placed in 2004). Is there anyway that I...

Remove excessive Public Record caused by negligent attorney [ 1 Answers ]

In 2004 I needed to file for Chapter 13. I provided the attorney with all documents, signed all the necessary paperwork and left the rest to the attorney who claimed he would file and get our court dates. He did file initially and then had to file additional documents which I had already provided....

Remove felony conviction from public record [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Seven years ago I was convicted of a commercial Marijuana growing operation. I am not sure if it matters but I had four hundred plants and a substantial amount of money that was seized, as well as a large portion of my personal property. I have been a good kid since then, and have had no...

View more questions Search