Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrCuriousity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
    What are some reasons a bank account would be frozen?
    A friend has told me his account has been frozen due to his partners housing/council tax benefit fraud, he has been milking money for quite awhile out of friends and family so I started reasearching on Google and found no similar story of an account being frozen due to their partners fraud (listed above)

I have also not found any case of the main person comminting benefit fraud having had their accounts frozen either

Can anyone tell me if the UK law does allow a bank account to be frozen due to this type of fraud, or is it as I and friends and family believe that this guy is milking us, his accounts have now been frozen for several months almost half a year even, he has been "borrowing" several hundred pounds per month of his ill nan and its got to the point where id like to try work out the truth

Any help advice anyone can give me would be appreciated
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
    Why should HIS account be affected ?
    Is it a joint one with his partner?

Either way UK authorities tend NOT to freeze accounts, unless there is money laundering involved. Benefit fraud just involves the freezing of the payments, not the account itself.
    Unless he has seriously exceeded the overdraft on the account with no funds coming in..
    In which case they would be in jail on remand awaiting a court date.
    All in all I think he's pulling a fast one here.
    MrCuriousity Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
    I feel the same and thank you for the input, all the research I have done on frozen accounts and all the information I have read points to creditors being the main reason for frozen accounts, I am still yet to come across one frozen for benefit fraud let alone their partners benefit fraud

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense acc [ 2 Answers ]

Bank has frozen my bank account and they say me that it's a lottery fraud suspense account,but the story is that I had an advertisement agency which is unregistered and the people who work for me pays me the registration fees as 2000/3500/5000/7000 respectively and we pay them cash for their work...

My bank has frozen my account [ 1 Answers ]

I found out yesterday that my bank has frozen my account and cancelled all of my direct debits.I was looking into getting an iva but nothing has been set up but the bank has told me that according to their records I am insolvent. I have just over £1000 in my account and can't get access to a penny...

Bank account frozen [ 12 Answers ]

Okay I want to try and give as much information as possible without overkill but I need as much help as possible First off I live in the state of Georgia. In 2002 I sold my company along with 2 other partners. Over a year after the sell the buyers tried sue us for the money from the sale...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad's bank account has been frozen. He is unemployed and what ever funds he has in his account is for rent and medicine. I called the credit card company and they want $600. A month and $100. Thereafter. The total amount due is $1,200. My dad is willing to pay $50-$100 a month. But the attorneys...

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

A judgement was placed on me from a credit card company where I owed a little over $2,000. I had moved from where the original papers were sent and did not attend the court date. I have never received any new information regarding this action at my present address. However, after receiving money...

View more questions Search