Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dpdave52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2011, 09:28 AM
    Why does my john deere 125 produce white smoke?
    I also have a 3 year old john deere la125 with 160 hrs. have used it 6 times already this season and it has gradually been producing more and more white smoke mostly under load with the blade engaged. It is starting to use oil which I know is not good news. This la125 replaced another john deere twin cylinder I had and the carburetor went bad while under warranty. Can you tell me what is happening with the white smoke issue.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2011, 04:52 PM

White smoke oil.
    Black smoke fuel.
    Check your oil level and see if its over full,
    If so make sure there isn't gas getting into the oil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere la 125 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the belt diagram for the john deere la 125

Scotts/John Deere Briggs and Stratton 17 hp blowing white smoke [ 1 Answers ]

I tried to start our riding lawn mower and the engine would not turn over had only been a week since the last run. I opened the hood and manual turned the top of the fan assembly (3/4 of a turn) and tried the key again and the engine started. Backed out of the shed and started to heading forward...

John Deere 125 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deer 125 lawn tractor won't start unless I hook it up to the jumper cables. Even after I have it running for long periods, it will occasionally not start up immediately after shutting it down. Last summer it did the same thing, but very rarely. The jumper cables ALWAYS work to start it...

John Deere Riding Mower puts out white smoke when starting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a John Deere LT 155 Riding Mower that when started put our White Smoke from front engine area. Not sure why any suggestions

View more questions Search