Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgaska Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Invisible Button
    I am creating an Excel sheet of an NCAA tournament bracket, and I want to make it so that when you click on the cell with the team you think will win, the name of that team will advance to the next round. I was told that I could make a button, assign a macro to it, and then put the button over the corresponding cell. However, I don't want to see the button, but rather the text in the cell behind the button. When I make the button invisible, I can't click the button. Also, when I click the button, all my keystrokes are replayed (obviously), but that makes my bracket look glitchy. Any ideas on how I can make the button clickable and invisible at the same time? Or is there a better solution to my problem?
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Feb 3, 2011, 12:36 PM

Sorry... cannot help you with the code, know very little about VBA.

Would like to see the excel file though.

A friend of mine runs a pool every year for the tournament, and he may be interested in it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 3, 2011, 06:48 PM

A macro to move values from cell to cell is pretty basic. A button shouldn't be necessary, the macro can be triggered by any number of methods (hotkey, doubleclick event, etc).

But the macro itself would be very structured to your actual sheet. I wouldn't know what was appropriate to suggest without seeing the workbook.

Upload a copy of your workbook here with clear BEFORE/AFTER examples as necessary.

Click GO ADVANCED and use the paperclip icon to post up a copy of your workbook.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer button coneccted to washer button [ 1 Answers ]

~ someone gave me a stackable kenmore washer/dryer #134234500 0405 are the numbers on it. The dryer will not come on unless the washer is running & ~ don't know why? I can't afford repairs so I am trying to get it going myself. Any advice would be great?

I'm invisible. [ 12 Answers ]

I really don’t know how to begin, and I honestly hope this doesn’t turn into a ridiculously long post but I really need input on something that is causing a lot of grief in my life. I know there is no easy answer so all I’m looking for is input. I’m invisible, forgettable, lost easily in a...

Press sleep button and switch on/off button to be able to see login screen [ 1 Answers ]

Friend of mine has got problem with his new desktop (XP SP2) , when he starts the PC it boots normally till it reaches where it shows windows XP logo then the screen gets blank (i.e he can not see the login name for users). What he used to do: is press the sleep button on the keyboard, then...

Invisible [ 13 Answers ]

Has anyone out there ever felt so invisable that the air they breathe didn't even make a difference? I see that commercial on TV about mothers feeling invisable and I know who that feels, but it is worse when you get close to retirement and no one seems to see you or hear you. It's like you are a...

View more questions Search