Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1004 Posts: 107, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 11:50 PM
    calculate the quantity of heat(J) required. I did it!
    To make a cup of coffee, you heated 0.175kg of water to change the water temperature from 23.OC to 89.0C . Calculate the quantity of heat(J) required.

(175g)(4.18J/g)(89-23)=48279J

I did it... Is it correct?

Thanks
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 05:16 AM

Looks right to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation? [ 6 Answers ]

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation?

Calculate the volume of the NaOH required to react completely with the acid. [ 1 Answers ]

A 38.0mL solution 0.026M solution of HCl reacts with a 0.032M NaOH. a)calculate the number of moles of HCl originally present. b)how many moles of NaOH are needed to neutralize the acid? c)calculate the volume of the NaOH required to react completely with the acid. I really need those three...

Quantity of heat [ 2 Answers ]

I am student in somaliland particularly secondary form 4 so let me to answer me those questions about physics

Calculate Quantity Variance [ 1 Answers ]

Company X has a price standard of $2 per lbs. 5,000 lbs was bought at $2.20 per lbs. The actual quantity used was 5,000 lbs, although the standard quantity for output was 4,500 lbs What is Company X's quantity variance?

How to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft? [ 2 Answers ]

HI to all I need the formula to calculate the required torque to rotate the shaft.

View more questions Search