Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtimmons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 05:07 PM
    1994 chevy truck troubles
    I have a 1994 chevy truck, I was going down the road and it stopped running. Now all it will do is turn over like its going to start, but won't run. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
    While cranking, check for spark. Good strong spark means the ignition is intact.
    You'll need to check fuel pressure. If the fuel pump has failed, you'll need to make certain that power is getting to the fuel pump. If power is getting to the fuel pump, but the truck won't start, you'll probably need to replace it. Big job. The tank needs to come out to access the lock-ring that holds the pump and sender into the tank.
    douglunsford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    While cranking, check for spark. Good strong spark means the ignition is intact.
    You'll need to check fuel pressure. If the fuel pump has failed, you'll need to make certain that power is getting to the fuel pump. If power is getting to the fuel pump, but the truck won't start, you'll probably need to replace it. Big job. The tank needs to come out to access the lock-ring that holds the pump and sender into the tank.
    My 94 truck quit running the same way,yesturday. I can smell gas when try to start it and I hear the pump humming. What could it be ?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2010, 06:15 PM

You likely lost spark, which you need to check for. It's common for the Ignition Control Module (ICM) to go bad on older trucks. Easy job to replace. This is the ideal time to also replace the coil packs.
    peanut23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Check your fuel filter on the frame on under the passenger door,there is also a fuel pump fuse under the hood on the fire wall underneath the cover by the a/c unit enclosed in a black cover

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 chevy truck, no start [ 2 Answers ]

1994 chevy pick up, 2wheel drive, 1500 series. 5.7L motor. Have spark, but no injector pulse with noid light. No 12 second fuel pump run. I have checked all the firewall fuseable links. It has new computer, new module. I checked all fuse box fuses. I have power at injector but no ground. I...

1994 Chevy Truck wiring-brake light not working. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: 1994 Chev K1500 4x4 When the truck is running there are no brake lights, when the truck is off the brake lights work. I checked wiring schematics, tested the wires, removed the trailer wiring. Can anyone solve this mystery?

1994 Chevy Silverado that stalls [ 11 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 1994 Silverado it runs great both around town and on the highway. The problem that I am having is if I am stopped and turn the steering wheel to either full left or right the 350 engine will stall. It almost stall (slows down) while I am turning the wheel. It does have...

1994 Chevy Blazer runs REALLY rough! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1994 Chevy S10 Blazer that has run pretty well for me. It has a 4.3 liter engine. I do regular maintenance and have never had a serious problem. Out of the blue a couple of months ago it started running like crap. It has a rough idle and a serious miss when I am on the road. I pulled out...

View more questions Search