Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktm1 Posts: 15, Reputation: -2

Jun 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
    No Period Since April 14th.
    I posted about a month ago about not having my period and decided to wait another month or so to see if I would start my period. I have consistently started my period of the 14th of every month for God knows how long. In April I started on the 14th and it ended less than a week later (maybe 4-5 days.) When May rolled around and I hadn't started my period I thought it was weird, so I took a test about a week after the 14th and it came back negative. I waited about another week and took 2 more tests which also came back negative. Now it's June 19th and I still haven't had my period. I'm feeling more tired than usual and a little nauseated most days, but with 3 negative tests last month I am at a loss. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Are all home pregnancy tests (basically) the same or is there one better than the other? I'm not really stressed out about this, as I am able to provide for a child and would love to have one, I would just like to know so that I can start making preparations if I am pregnant. Thanks for any help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
    You haven't taken another test since the last one last month? Time to retest and remember to use first morning urine.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Stress can be a no-period factor as well.

Has there been any changes in your life such as:
    Death of a loved one/pet?
    Started school?
    Moved into a new house?
    Break up/divorce?
    Birthcontrol?

About a year ago my younger sister, who is 17, didn't have her period for about 4 months and I believe it was due to age/stress. She took test after test and all coming back negative.

If it has been 2 months and no period than I would consult a doctor and I would take another pregnancy test like J_9 advised.

Jun 19, 2008, 10:49 AM
    I decided to wait until this month to see if maybe I had just been over thinking it all, to take a test. Now that it's the 19th I'm thinking that's way too long. I'll go pick up a test now and schedule an appointment. I'll let you know what happens with this next test and then go from there. (I'll make sure to test first thing tomorrow morning.) Thanks again.

Jun 20, 2008, 10:15 AM
    I took a HPT this morning and it showed up negative. Looks like I'll be scheduling an appointment to see the doctor. =) I'll post again once I find out what's going on.
    AmyK1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Hello. I am wondering if you ever found anything out about your missed period. I haven't had one in two months and that's not like me! I have taken 3 pregnancy test and they're all negative PLUS my fiancé have a vasectomy in November... I also had a baby in December...

I am so nervous! If you found anything out can you please let me know? :) thanks!

Jul 3, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Hey AmyK1.. I haven't been able to get into a Dr. yet, I guess everyone is sick around here lol, I still haven't had my period and I'm still having stomach aches (kind of nauseated), headaches, sore back etc.. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Time to take another HPT. It's been over a week since the last one, so you may get different results.

Jul 3, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Ok, thanks. I've been trying to get into a Dr. but I don't know too many around here and most of them haven't seemed to have any openings. I might try to see one in another town. I'll take another test tomorrow morning. =) Thanks again.

Jul 7, 2008, 09:27 AM
    All right... so I took another HPT on Friday morning, Negative. On July 5th I started my period, I think. It was very, very light and only lasted about 24 hours. The night of the 5th I woke up with the worst stomach pains I have ever felt. I was up for about 3 hours and eventually fell asleep. The pain was in the center of my stomach and it was almost like a sharp sort of feeling. Anyway, talking to a Dr. today, hopefully I can get to the bottom of all this. =) Thanks again.
    Frankie2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Hi ktm1 did you get to the bottom of your problem? I too have not had had a period now since 16th April:(

Jul 29, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Sorry I haven't posted to keep anyone who reads this updated.. The sharp pains and heavy bleeding (the bleeding got worse awhile after I had posted about the very light bleeding and pain) ended up not being my period but a miscarriage. And so everyone knows, I have never smoked, done any sort of drug, or had any sort of alcoholic drink. I try to stay as healthy as possible and keep those sort of things out of my life. I have no idea why this happened, I just keep thinking it must happened for a reason.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else who is trying to find out if they are pregnant. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crosby stills nash chicago July 14th [ 1 Answers ]

When do tickets go on sale for crosby stills nash in chicago July 14th rosemont theatre On there website it says radio show ? Don't know whagt that means and Ticketmaster have no listing for it?? Please help I can't miss this show

I got my period on February 15 ,I didn't get period on march and April [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got period in February 15 2008,I don't get period in march and April but I am getting white discharge some time more

Giving my 2 weeks notice December 14th, will my 401k loan be taxed 2006 or 2007? [ 3 Answers ]

I am giving my employeer my 2 weeks December 14, 2007 and I currently have a 401k loan, will this loan be added to my upcoming taxes 2007 or will the loan be claimed on my 2008 taxes? Thank you for any information that you can give! It is greatly appreciated! Mona

14th b-day bash [ 10 Answers ]

Hey you what do you think I should do for my 14th birthday? I am out of ideas because I don't know I just need peoples opinions. Pleez answer

View more questions Search