Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakeb1578 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Dog Kennel Waste Management
    Hello,

I'd like to run a sewer line from the bottom of a sump, in a concrete runoff trough (yet to be formed & poured), for a 10 ft. dog kennel slab, to the home sewage waste line.

What would be a good design, that ensures sewer gas does not escape and storm water does not enter? I understand the line should fall 1/4 inch per foot, right? Could anyone please give me some clues about the construction, design and materials?

Blake
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 18, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Good morning Blake,
    [QUOTE][I'd like to run a sewer line from the bottom of a sump, in a concrete runoff trough (yet to be formed & poured), for a 10 ft. dog kennel slab, to the home sewage waste line.
    What would be a good design, that ensures sewer gas does not escape and storm water does not enter?/QUOTE]
    The line would have to be trapped and vented at the runoff trough. You would use PVC pipe and fittings to do this and make the trap and drain 3". Since this will be a run off for dog poop what will be the wash down set up? A simple hose bib or a timed flush arrangement ?

If the runoff trough is outside and exposed to the elements there's no way you can prevent storm water from entering the sewer system. In many areas, mine included, it's illegal to discharge anything but sewerage and gray water into the sewer system. Check with your local Building Department. Since you will be connecting to the sewer a permit will have to be pulled and a inspection made. If you get the OK from the Building Department click on back with more details such as. The depth of the sewer line you're connecting to. What's the frost line in your area? You want the trap and drain line deep enough so it doesn't freeze up in the winter. If you put the trap and drain line under the frost line will you still have enough fall to reach the sewer connection?
    We can walk you through the installation but these are things that must be addressed first. Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management courses in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am Jeevan presently working in IBM , I have completed my BCA in 2006 , I am planning to do a Management course in UK (MBA in international business ) , what are all the preparations I should take to get an admission in a top ranked University !

Connecting second floor waste to main waste stack? [ 3 Answers ]

I have new new modular cape that had the first floor plumbing complete, and the second floor stubbed, and want to know the right way to connect the second floor waste drain which was installed in the house, to the main waste drain. The main waste drain comes up verically from the basement floor...

Management [ 5 Answers ]

In what situations do you believe that the external environment of the firm is more important than the internal environment as a determinant of the firm’s profitability? Explain :confused:

Sales Management [ 0 Answers ]

I am working as sales manager for beverage company. How can I improve sales team performanc eand increase the sales for the company, I am handling Wholesale and Supermarket Sectors " I have five salesmen reporting to me". TX

View more questions Search