Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tampaweasel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Cannot get Laptop to recognize New Hi-speed modem
    I'm lost... I have an EMachines Desktop (3yrs old) and a Compac Laptop (1yr old) that had both been connected to "dial-up" using Netzero. I just had Hi-speed Internet added through my Cable company. The tech simply connected the Modem to the incoming cable and then to the Ethernet port on my Desktop... with doing anything else, the System connected properly and I had access... BUT..

When I plugged the Ethernet cable into my Laptop, I got the message "limited or no connectivity"... I tried using the connection Wizard, no success... I reviewed my IP settings, and it appears that the prior Netzero address remains... I tried to have the "system" reassign the address, buy it failed and said "cannot repair, you may have to contact system administrator"...

There must be an easy way to "re-set" my Laptop so that I can use the New modem.

I'm NOT a computer wiz, so be somewhat specific as to what I might do to get my Laptop connected... Thx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Best , call the IP service the new cable company and they should walk you though you have to change what is your default connection and have it find and set the proer IP address in your computer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting Laptop to Main Computer Modem? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you do it? I have an HP Desk Top computer and a Dell Laptop. What do I need to connect both to the Zyxel p-600 Modem?

My laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive either [ 1 Answers ]

My Toshiba laptop doesn't recognize the CD Rom drive. When I insert a disc, the drive opens and closes. The lights flash, and I can hear the CD spinning. But there is no action on the screen. When I go to Control Panel or Windows Explorer - the CD Rom Drive does not show up. Just my C drive and A...

Laptop doesn't recognize CD Rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have IBM R32 laptop that doesn't recognize CD Rom drive in My computer or Device manager. If I swap CD drive with Floppy drive computer recognize Floppy drive. If I put that CD Rom drive in another IBM laptop that laptop recognize him and it works OK. When I put CD Rom drive in IBM R32 laptop it...

Laptop Modem Connection [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect a laptop to a cable modem through a desktop CPU to avoid running another separate network cable from the modem itself ? I want to be able to go online and use the laptop as a second monitor without running another cable.Any info you could give me will be greatly...

Laptop computer speed [ 4 Answers ]

I own a laptop computer that seems to be going very slow. I have a DSL connection which should be very fast. I have plenty of memory as well. It does get heavey use on the internet. Do I have any options?

View more questions Search