Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsternsp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 01:32 AM
    Zodiac Killer Ad Violation of Attorney/Client Privilege?
    Is the following a violation of attorney/client privilege? Discussion is hot and heavy on the Zodiackiller.com discussion forum.

This full-page ad which appeared in the Wednesday, Oct. 17th edition of the Vallejo Times-Herald, in the "Appetites" (food) section, page C5 --

My name is BOB TARBOX. I practiced law in San Francisco with an office on upper Montgomery St. My law partner was Joseph Git Jue. One night in Early 1970's, I was sitting at my secretary's desk around 5:30 p.m. A male approached the office door which was open and I motioned him to come into the office. He indicated he wanted to have a legal consultation so I locked the front door and went into my office. In the office, the individual produced as identification a MMD (Merchant Marine Document). Since I did Jones Act cases (personal injury at sea), I assumed he had a Jones Act case. He indicated to me that it was not a Jones Act case but a criminal case, and wanted to pay for an hour of legal consultation. We agreed upon the amount of $50.00 for the hour consultation.

The individual proceeded to inform me that he was the Zodiac Killer and we proceeded to talk about this legal jeopardy based on the facts provided. Having been pre-med at UC, I took some courses in psychology and I perceived this confession to be of a cathartic nature wherein the individual is changing his life's path.

For many years, I have been under both legal and personal constraints with regard to this matter. The legal constraints still remain, but the personal constraints were severed by the death of my law partner and recent death of his wife RITA MOK JUE.

To the family of Mr. Allen: I have for years monitored Mr. Allen's trails and tribulations in the investigation of the Zodiac Killer until his death in the early 1990's. If he had been placed in actual legal jeopardy for these crimes, I would proffer my limited testimony to his defense attorney and I would have testified at any trial as to the prior confession of another individual. Since I have seen photos of Mr. Allen, I can express unequivocally that he was not the individual that confessed to me!

The big question I ask of myself is "why me". I think it was my connections to Vallejo and the fact that I practiced both ADMIRALTY and CRIMINAL law.

My conclusion as to why he was so elusive to law enforcement departments was his occupation as merchant seaman. He had the ability if the trail became too hot to make a pier jump to exit the Bay Area without people becoming suspicious by his absence.

BOB TARBOX
    Las Vegas, NV
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jsternsp
    Is the following a violation of attorney/client privilege?
    Hello Bob:

No.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Killer diseases [ 8 Answers ]

Chikungunya is a relatively rare form of viral fever caused by an alphavirus that is spread by mosquito bites from Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, though recent research by the Pasteur Institute in Paris claims the virus has suffered a mutation that enables it to be transmitted by Aedes albopictus (Tiger...

Zodiac matching [ 63 Answers ]

Just a topic off the serious matters for a change ;-) I was never really into zodiac stuff until about 5 years ago when I met an indian friend who told me that in India most marriages are arranged by matching signs, like water and water, fire and fire etc. Back then I was seeing an Aries and...

View more questions Search