Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerbisket Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 12:18 PM
    1979 chevy love
    My husband just bought a 1979 chevy love, he drove it home and it lost all power 2 times and now it won't work at all. He has had the alt, voltage reg and the battery checked. We really need this truck to work!! Anyone have any ideas?:( :confused: please help!!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I had a lot of electrical problems with my 77 almost from the time it was new. Finally about 5 years ago, I discovered bad connections in the fuse block. The brass pieces the wires connect to are riveted to the ones that hold the fuses. I took it apart and soldered everything together. It has run much better since then. Kind of like the Honda main relay.

Been a great truck except for the rust. Post back if you need more help. I don't have time to answer many automotive questions so mention that it is a LUV in the title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1979 chevy pickup won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have 1979 chevy pickup that just won't start I replaced the clutch drove it a couple of days and I just won't start I have plenty of spark and gas getting to the plugs I have replaced everything in the distrubetor I just can't figure it out please help Thank you:confused:

1979 chevy love starter resistor [ 1 Answers ]

What is the resistance of the resistor across the starter circuit?

1979 Chevy 1-ton speedometer problems? [ 3 Answers ]

The speedometer in my truck works every now and then. Sometimes it does, and then sometimes it doesn't. Any solutions?

1977 Chevy love [ 1 Answers ]

What up everybody, I have a 1977 Chevy Luv on my hands and I want to make it a truck that I can go out in the hills and really do some off roading. What should I do to it to make it look like a off roading bad boy, and so I can protect everything I need to protect. Thanks

View more questions Search