Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joelhovey22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 01:26 PM
    My car won't start, eletricals all work, but car doesn't even try to turn over.
    My car has never had any trouble starting. I came out of work yesterday where it was very cold and I put my key in my ignition and then pushed in the clutch fully and turned the key. All the electrical stuff like radio, dash, and lights all work, but the car wouldn't even try to turn over. I heard a light humming noise but nothing else. I pumped the clutch a few times and then tried again and it started up fine. But when I got home it would not start up again. The battery is fine, provides power to everything so I think it's the starter. But someone told me they think it is the solenoid, but I don't know what the difference is. How do I know what it is? My car is a 1997 Honda civic LX 5 speed.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 03:00 PM

Remove and fully charge/replace the battery. Most auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free. My bet is that the battery is toast.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can car payments be included in child support [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be ex husband is making the payments on the car that he brought me for our last anniversary. He state dthat if I take him to court ofr child support for our son that the car payments is part of child support is this true?

Capital One's taking me to court will they take my car? [ 4 Answers ]

Back in like 2003 I had a Capital One credit Card that had like a $300 limit. Now the debt is around $1200.00?? According to Capital Ones lawyers. Well, last month I received a summons to court for Dec 14th, which is this Monday. Im a single mom with NO income and the only ting I own is my 98...

Who's liable for crimes committed using your 'former car' [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law had a car that she took to a shop for repairs... It would cost $1000 to repair, more than the car was worth, so she decline to have it fixed (The car did not run at this point)... She gave the car to the repair shop. She cannot remember if she transferred the tittle, since this...

View more questions Search