Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnbrown00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 08:07 AM
    My central air is cold but slow air flow out of vents all of a sudden
    My central air had been working fine. We have in the last 2 weeks had temps of 95 with heat index of 115. All of a sudden yesterday my air coming out of my vents was not as strong. Its cold but real slow. We changed the filter about 3 weeks ago, I went out to the unit and it was running. Any clue? Thanks.
    TomRau Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 05:37 AM
    Recheck your filter and make sure it didn't get sucked into the fan.
    Secondly, look for any ice on the larger line exiting the indoor coil. Or if you can see the coil look for ice build up. Ice build up could be caused by a few things.
    1. Dirty or plugged indoor coil.
    2. Low refrigerant charge do to a leak.
    3. Indoor fan motor beginning to fail.
    4. Make sure nothing is blocking any of you cold air returns to the furnace.

This is where I would start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air blower is running but no air comes from the vents [ 9 Answers ]

I hae central heating and air, when I turn on the AC with the thermostat it will blow cool air for a short time then slows to no air at all coming from the floor vents. The compressor is still spinning outside and the blower on the inside unit is blowing, but its like no air get through, any...

Cold air from ac but not enough air flow filter OK coils clean freon is full [ 3 Answers ]

Unit is original fedders from 1972. Gas heat/elec air. Condenser mounted on roof. New thermostate from power co. (they have not started their savings program yet) replaced both motors within last 5 years, along with caps, and the 24/220 contactors. Redone most of the wiring, both above and below....

Philco central heater only blows cold air, and will not stop blowing cold air. [ 0 Answers ]

Philco central heater only blows cold air when it should be blowing hot air. And it will not stop blowing even when I turn off the heat. The fan is not on it is on auto.

Not a strong air flow coming from my air vents [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my air flow - I have to turn the temp. on the thremostat all the way up or all the way down to to get the house cool or heated. Even with that, I do not feel a strong breeze coming from any of my vents in the ceiling. I have an upstairs unit and a downstairs unit and both give...

View more questions Search