Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pumpkinsocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
    94 toyota previa, engine problems?
    For a while now my previa would shake when cold. It would shake at a stop but it would run fine. The shaking would be minimized once the van ran for a few miles. So a few days ago she was running fine. So I was at a red light and she started shaking violently, threw out a lot of white smoke from the exhaust and then just died. So I was hoping someone here knows what the problem could be and how much repairs would cost. I just want to see if it's worth fixing. A friend of mine said that it could've blown the head gasket.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 12:39 PM

Violent shaking and white smoke from the exhaust is most likely going to be diagnosed as a blown head gasket.
    On that model, with difficult access to the engine, the estimates will reflect that. It will be expensive; perhaps a couple thousand, plus or minus. And that won't include any damage that might be found during disassembly.
    Have this properly diagnosed and get a written estimate. Then get back here to let us know before you let go your hard earned money.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 05:28 PM

Sorry to say but I think it's time to give it the sign of the cross and it's last rights.
    Sounds definitely to me it popped it's cork. (Headgasket)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supercharger Toyota Previa [ 1 Answers ]

What problem can cause when the supercharger from a Toyota Previa sucked some dirt ? Can it be damaged ? If so how can it be solved ? It still functions but the boost decreased a little .

Toyota previa 2.4l 1994 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, can some one tell me how to change a coolant temperature sensor on a toyota previa, 2.4l gasoline 1994 or were its it located in the engine. Thanks

'94 Toyota previa knock sensor code [ 8 Answers ]

I was brought a '94 Previa w/ a 2.4L, no super charger, that overheated blowing the head gasket. The head received a valve job and was reinstalled w/ new plugs, wires, efi temp sensor, and thermostat. All timing marks are lined up. The rotor in the distributer seems a hair off from #1 wire at...

Firing order for toyota previa [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble finding the firing order for a 94 toyota previa with 2.4L dohc (2wd/no super charger). Can some help me or lead me in the right direction?. I have tried the autozone database and other leading parts retailers websites with no luck. I need to know which cylinders are which, #1-4,...

1993 Toyota Previa A/C Noise [ 2 Answers ]

A/C compressor mkes high pitch noise when van is in parked position. Is there anything I can spray around there to fix the problem?

View more questions Search