Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lana014 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
    1994 Chevy Blazer runs REALLY rough!
    I have a 1994 Chevy S10 Blazer that has run pretty well for me. It has a 4.3 liter engine. I do regular maintenance and have never had a serious problem. Out of the blue a couple of months ago it started running like crap. It has a rough idle and a serious miss when I am on the road. I pulled out from a stop sign crossing 4 lanes of traffic and it backfired and almost quit on me! I had to nurse it across all that traffic and made it to the side of the road. It died and then started up, and although it ran horribly, I did make it home. I have replaced plugs, plug wires, distributer and rotor, fuel filter and checked the firing order. I had the exhaust and converter replaced to no avail. I also replaced the EGR valve and the coil. It ran fine one day and overnight it started acting up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to the website and this is my first question. I'm a 44 yr old woman and have done my own mechanic work except for major work like overhauls etc. But I'm stumped. Thanks in advance.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
    . Check for codes.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM). Here's what it may look like and cost:

Zip Code Entry at PartsAmerica.com

Parts America doesn't show a 4.3L engine for your Blazer. ICMs are very problematic, breaking down due to age and heat.

. Test/replace the coil.

AutoZone can test both of these items for free.

. If the problem persists, test/replace the MAP Sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 chevy s10 blazer [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 1992 s10 blazer, mine is running rough and the smell of fuel is very extreme, si suspect the diaphragm has gone bad and raw gas is leaking into the manifold but don't know where to find it.

1994 Chevy Silverado that stalls [ 11 Answers ]

I recently purchased a 1994 Silverado it runs great both around town and on the highway. The problem that I am having is if I am stopped and turn the steering wheel to either full left or right the 350 engine will stall. It almost stall (slows down) while I am turning the wheel. It does have...

Registration for '99 Chevy Blazer? [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone have an estimate of how much it would cost to register my '99 Blazer? Thank you! :D

View more questions Search