Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samm1313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
    Ford focus 2004 goes into neutral at 60km/h
    Hi, I have a ford focus I think it's a 2004 model. The other day my boyfriend was driving the car and as he drove around the corner (not speeding or anything) there was a noise that sounded like we drove over a reflector or something on the road. However, now when the car is in drive, when it gets to about 60km/h it goes into neutral or something and then jerks forward after a couple of seconds. It drives in 1st and second gear, but is still a little shaky and when its in drive, its fine until about 60km/h. I have done some research to try and figure out what is wrong and think it may be the transmission or the solenoid... I know nothing about cars so I need help! Thank you :)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2012, 06:25 AM
    . Check for codes.

. Drop and clean the transmission pan and magnet, replace the filter, and refill with Mercon V ATF. Do this at least every 48,000km.

If the issue persists, the problem may be with the Output Shaft Sensor (OSS), which is located on top of the right-hand portion of the transaxle. Access may require removing the right front wheel and fender liner. Should the problem still persist, I would focus on the Transmission Range Sensor (TRS), located on top of the transmission. It may need adjusting or replacing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 ford focus [ 2 Answers ]

I have smoke coming out of my tail pipe what could cause this to happen

I have a 06 Ford Focus and it won't let me go into Park. [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to turn off car, put in neutral, put in park, nothing works. It almost feels like something is in the way when I try to put it in park. It won't "click" even if I get it in the park position.. Any ideas? Thanks

Ford focus query [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, does anyone know if the steering wheel and column controls on a 2006 focus are meant to be illuminated?

2002 Ford Focus [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased my car and from time to time the car will not start I had a car alarm in it and it was taken out by a certified technician. It has been looked over several times. However, when it does not start if you remove the ignition relay and put it back in the car starts right up! Any idea's...

View more questions Search