Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzrandim Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 05:36 AM
    2002 Ford Escape shifting problems
    Thank you for all answers to my question before. I have discovered that this vehicle has a transaxle, AWD, does this change anything as far as the sensors and where they are found? I actually took it to a shop for diagnosis and they said they got 18 codes, and wanted about $3500 to replace or rebuild. I am in over my head with this vehicle! Your help is appreciated.
    Randi
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2008, 07:39 AM

To prevent ATX problems in the future, drop and clean the transmission pan, change the filter, and refill with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF every 30,000 miles. This is the key to a trouble-free transmission.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 ford escape problems [ 1 Answers ]

Problem 1- Paint is peeling on the roof. It looks like there is no primer on the metal. Do any other people have this problem? What can I do about this? Problem 2- The 6 player cd unit does not work. Cd will not eject. Can I fix this? Does Ford Motor Co. know about this ?

2002 Ford Escape shifting issues [ 3 Answers ]

Have a 2002 Escape, shifter is not working correctly, in Reverse its like in park, can't find neutral, overdrive light is flashing when moving, when moving it drops into low gear, its an automatic.:mad: Any help is appreciated!

2002 ford escape [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 ford escape, the automaic door opener will not open the read hatchback, I have checked the fuses under the hood and everything is OK, is there anythere fusebox that I am not aware of. Also how do you open the read hatchback without the remote.

I have a 2002 Ford Escape with a 3.0L V6 [ 1 Answers ]

My car has been idling really low and seems to hesitate a little when I hit the gas. Most importantly it has been sucking through gas really quick. In the last 3 days I put $130 dollars in for gas. It's not leaking gas underneath and I don't smell gas. Could the mass air flow censor be a...

View more questions Search