Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Goodnight Tj, I'm sorry if you got upset. No, big deal here.
    I note that you failed to apologize for the lies and abuse.

If I hijacked threads to post lies and false accusations against you night after night, ignoring the facts, ignoring the evidence I am sure that would annoy you also. It is especially interesting from a person who claims to be brother in Christ.

But you have told us something about your integrity.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 10:47 PM

Now, if, as it appears, Joe is signing off for the night, here is an attempt to get the thread back on topic:

More about the word "lehem":

------------------------------------------------------
    What can you say about a culture that uses the same root — Hebrew (lamed, het, mem) — for both bread Hebrew (lehem, accent on the first syllable) and war, Hebrew(milhama)? Do Hebrew (lehem) and Hebrew (milhama) really come from the same root? It's a good question, and to answer it one must invoke a third use of the root. It seems that Hebrew (laham) means not only "he did battle" and "he ate bread" but also "he joined together."

Using this third meaning, Ludwig Koehler, in his 1953 Dictionary of the Hebrew Old Testament, opines that our root originally had the connotation of "to be closely packed together" and that that meaning is the common denominator. In war, says Koehler, soldiers often engage in hand-to-hand combat in close quarters. Voilà for war, Hebrew (milhama). Bread, he adds, suggesting perhaps that it is considered highly nutritious, is "compact food." Voilà for bread, Hebrew(lehem).
    (Source: JHOM - Bread - Hebrew)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 21, 2008, 11:29 PM
    >Thread Closed<
    I'm sure you can all work out why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search