Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2024, 03:25 AM
    The goal is 2,000
    In the 40 months since Jan. 6, 2021, more than 1,424 individuals have been charged in nearly all 50 states for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol, including more than 500 individuals charged with assaulting or impeding law enforcement, a felony. The investigation remains ongoing.
    District of Columbia | Colorado Man Sentenced on Felony Obstruction Charge for Actions During Jan. 6 Capitol Breach | United States Department of Justice

2,000 charged is the stated goal of Matthew Graves, the U.S. attorney for the DC before the statute of limitations expires on January 6,2026.

While other major cities saw a drop in violent crimes, the nation’s capital suffered a 39% increase last year.

Carjackings, homicides and robberies are stealing a sense of security across Washington, DC | CNN

In lieu of charging criminals in DC where crime is out of control ;he spends a lot of time going after politicals in a one sided partisan pursuit. He convicted Steve Bannon but refused to charge Hunter Biden

Top DOJ prosecutor in DC refutes claim that he blocked Hunter Biden tax charges in his district | CNN Politics

He also refuses to charge other demonstrators who stormed the Capitol and disrupted the proceedings.

More than 300 are arrested in a Capitol Hill protest urging a cease-fire in the Israel-Hamas war | AP News

USCP Statement on the Unlawful Demonstration outside the DNC | United States Capitol Police

(what ? This hasn't been in the news every day for weeks ? )

They are laser focused on getting the demonstrators that entered the Capitol on Jan 6 .

District of Columbia | Maine Man Arrested on Felony and Misdemeanor Charges For Actions During Jan. 6 Capitol Breach | United States Department of Justice

Nothing political about it . Just ask AG Garland .

“As I stated during my confirmation hearing, political or other improper considerations must play no role in any investigative or prosecutorial decisions. These principles that have long been held as sacrosanct by the DOJ career workforce will be vigorously guarded on my watch, and any failure to live up to them will be met with strict accountability. "

Office of Public Affairs | Statement from Attorney General Merrick B. Garland | United States Department of Justice

In other words if you are protested the election results or are an abortion protester you are SOL . But protest against Israel defending itself , you get a pass .

District of Columbia | Four More Defendants Sentenced for Federal Civil Rights Conspiracy and Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Offenses | United States Department of Justice

Check out some similar questions!

Writing your goal [ 7 Answers ]

I practiced a method which is from motivational books. This is writing down your goal and desire method. I write down my goal and plans and steps to get achieve my goal. After writing down, the plan is never establsihed and I can't achieve my goal. Many people said that after writing down your goal...

Is my goal really possible? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi! Before I get on the AMHD fourm bandwagon, here is a good question for you experts. "Does anyone here think that going from dark brown to olive is to far? I was naturally a light person years ago (childhood) and was mostly tan during that time (East African). I guess I should show off the...

Field goal on 3rd down [ 1 Answers ]

If a team attempts a field goal on 3rd down and misses do they get another try on 4th down?

What is your goal in life? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just curious 8)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.