Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaseramsey Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 09:32 AM
    2003 honda accord
    How do you change out a Downstream o2 sensor on a 2003 Honda Accord LX 4 cylinder
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2011, 09:38 AM
    The same way you change up the upstream one. You unplug the wiring, then you use a correct socket to remove the old one and screw the new one in using the same socket.

Do NOT use anything on the threads that doesn't come with the new one.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2011, 09:53 AM
    I changed one out for a friend, on a 1998 Accord EX, about 2 months ago. Place front end on jack stands. Remove four 10mm bolts securing heat shield. Use a 22mm open-end wrench, with a cheater bar, to remove the sensor. Only use a Denso downstream sensor--it will come with a tube of anti-seize compound (apply sparingly). Apply anti-seize to the four shield mounting bolts, too. Wear safety googles. Use a high-intensity LED flashlight to help you figure out how the connector comes apart--don't force it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda accord check engine light came on so I hooked this code reader up to it to give me the code and it gave me 0141 o2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2) what o2 sensor is that the one downstream? Before are after the exhaust manifold are the Cadillac converter? Are is it...

2003 honda accord [ 2 Answers ]

I have been plagued by the "side airbag" light coming and going off. Now the maintenance light is on permanently! I have been diligent in having the oil change and have had two tuneups, keep the car in the garage and everything else that I think will help keep it in good shape. I had a oil...

2003 honda accord v6 [ 1 Answers ]

The TCS light and the BRAKE light are on and stay on all the time. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks

Upgrade Honda Accord 1980 to Honda Accod 2003 [ 1 Answers ]

Help me!! I have old Honda Accord 1980, I want to upgrade it to Honda Accord 2003 step by step. I do not much money right now. Please Help me about this, which parts one by one I must change. Thanks

View more questions Search