Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angelaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Gentetic problems when blood relations marry
    Could someone please tell me what the genetic problems are when blood relations marry?
    birdie2 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Genetic problems don't always happen in intermarriages.
    But the risk of developing an otherwise recessive genetic abnormality definitely increases, if it is in fact present in the family members.

"Ordinarily, two unrelated parents will have enough variation in their genes to ensure that their child has at least one normal copy of each gene. However, people with a common ancestor may each carry the same copy of an altered gene. This can make genetic disorders more likely to occur."

If you want to go ahead with an intermarriage, the safest option is to go in for Genetic counselling and testing.
    veeruanu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 06:07 AM

Genetic counselling and testing. can any one explain in detail about this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexual Relations [ 14 Answers ]

Me and Haley are Dating Now. Sorry I forgot to update people about my current realationship:rolleyes: So here's my questions. Spring break is coming up. My friends and I had a great idea about maybe spending it together. In a different state. So my parent's agreed not having a reason not to. So...

International relations/politics [ 1 Answers ]

Im having to write a paper for a class and this is the only part of is I'm so confsued on. Someone please help me! Can a shift in the " balance of wealth" upset the balance of power in international politics and contribute to war?

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search