Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 03:10 AM
    Canon s330 borderless turns it purple
    Hi,

I'm new here.

I have a canon s330 printer and I am trying to print out some flyers that I designed. They have areas that need to bleed off the page.

With the default settings, there is a margin around the document, even if I adjust the scale, offset, bleeds inside indesign.

In the printer properties there is an option for borderless printing. When I check it, it prints borderless, but it stops printing in black, black will be a light purple color. I have been through the process several dozen times tonight, as soon as I uncheck 'borderless printing', the color is fine, as soon as I re-check it, the same problem occurs...

Help!

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 30, 2005, 01:55 PM
    Broderless printing is usually reserved for photos. It may be that when you check borderless, its not using the text balck ink cartridge.

Have you checked with Canon tech support?
    monkee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 04:18 PM
    All I've received from canon so far is an auto reply (its been about a week) ill write them again.

That makes sense what your saying, but even if it were so, it would still mix all 3 colors to try to get black right? It looks like straight cyan is coming out... also it seems that setting it to borderless prints in the printer propoerties is the only option available to get it to print to the edge of the paper, if I adjust the size of the print in the design software, it will still only print to somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8 inch from the edge of the paper, the area that shouldbe overlapping to the edge is just disacarded...

Thanks for the reply, still trying to figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What turns me on! [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best FREEEEE! Web site where you can watch free clips/movies of lesbians kissing and is free of spyware. I want to know because when I watch lesbians making out it really turns me onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! So I want to know the best web site to watch for freeee!! ;) :) :) :D

TV turns on but doesn't respond [ 3 Answers ]

Help please, I'm able to turn on my TV but there is no sound and I can't change channels. The TV menu doesn't appear and it won't switch to video. Any ideas?

Canon All-In-One printers [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had a problem with a Canon MP700. Everything worked beautifuly except the scanning function. I reinstalled the drivers exactly how the instructions asked, reinstalled the scanner and usb composite device separately, reinstalled the software, tested the printer on a different...

Canon bjc 2100 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a canon bjc 2100 usb printer. I use a mac ibook running os 9.2.1 As far as I can tell the printer itself works. But lately when I try to print I get an error message saying that "the printer is in use or an error has occurred" (the error message is m311). I think it's my printer...

View more questions Search