Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2024, 07:11 AM
    Covid restrictions set the template for other loss of freedoms
    If they can do it to you once they can do it forever

Let's say that you already got kids to stay home and remote learn under the guise of a public emergency . Then let's say you have extreme weather and a bunch of illegals living on the streets in your sanctuary city. What to do ?

Hey just order the students to return to remote learning and move the illegals into the school

NYC school closed for migrants: James Madison goes remote, used as shelter during storm (fox5ny.com)

Doesn't matter that learning outcomes suffered during the lockdowns .

For that matter vacancies in office buildings have become critical . That is because workers were forced to work remotely during the pandemic and it has carried over

U.S. office vacancies hit record high as remote and hybrid work stick around (axios.com)

So what happens if like Bill Gates ,our leaders decide that climate change is a bigger threat than the pandemic.

Bill Gates: Climate change could be worse than Covid-19 (cnbc.com)

Climate emergency is the biggest health crisis of our time – bigger than Covid | Pascal Soriot | The Guardian

Would not the same draconian responses be justified ?

Maybe they would ban certain appliances or cars . Maybe they could ban certain types of travel as they did during the pandemic.

France bans short-haul flights to cut carbon emissions (bbc.com)

Or maybe just tax it to death so only the elites of Davos can afford it.

Europeans willing to reduce carbon-intensive transportation (eib.org)

Maybe they can regulate the temperature in your home.

Texas residents find their thermostats remotely adjusted (spectrumlocalnews.com)

Maybe they can restrict when you can purchase fuel to travel

Odd–even rationing - Wikipedia

The sky is the limit because they have already tested the water and found that people will surrender liberty when the government cries "crisis"

Check out some similar questions!

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Charter of Rights and Freedoms [ 1 Answers ]

The Charter of Rights and Freedoms prevents the government from restricting the right of Canadians Is it True or False

Restrictions this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting this error when I click the cintrol panel and my network place etc..

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms [ 1 Answers ]

Which activities are governed by the Charter and which are not?

18 year old want all of the freedoms but none of the responsibilities of an adult [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter (now 18) has had a number of "friends" we felt were bad influences on her. My husband (her step-father) and I tried to tell her we were seeing the big picture and she should distance herself from them, but she always had an "I've got to help them" attitude. She had stories of how some...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.