Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2024, 08:24 AM
    Why have a Congress when you have Clueless Joe changing laws on a whim ?
    The American Rescue Plan was passed in 2021 by the Dem Congress and signed by Clueless Joe .It was a sh*t load of monopoly bucks purportedly to get the country on it's feet post-covid. Basically it was a massive give away to the states and local governments . The law stated that all the money must be spent by Dec 31of this year or it would be returned .

But that was then . Clueless wanted to give more time for states and local governments to spend it because there is still $ billions unspent .

State and Local Governments Have Billions in Pandemic Aid Left to Spend - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Virginia spent less than half of $4.9 billion COVID funds (richmond.com)

RI still hasn't spent millions in American Rescue Plan Act money (providencejournal.com)

So without Congressional revisions that he knew would not pass; He quietly added an extension to the Federal Register November .

Obligation_Interim_Final_Rule_2023.pdf (treasury.gov)

All it took was changing the official meaning of the word "obligation". As Senator Schmitt explained in a letter to Treasury

Senator Eric Schmitt on X: "Read the letter here. https://t.co/kdZkHeuyE6" / X (twitter.com)

How effective has the plan been "

This paper calculates that it cost the American taxpayer $855 thousand per job "saved"

w30168.pdf (nber.org)

Check out some similar questions!

Congress can make different naturalization and bankruptcy laws for different states [ 3 Answers ]

Congress can make different naturalization and bankruptcy laws for different states

Help, he keeps breaking up on a whim [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We don't live together but have been talking about it for at least a year. We are both very concerned about getting it right, as we are in our 40s and I have children from my previous marriage. He has never been married, but seems happy with the idea. Over...

What are the laws for changing a minor's last name [ 2 Answers ]

What are the laws for changing a minor's last name in Va.-Father gave up all rights to the child

Laws on changing child's last name [ 1 Answers ]

My son has my last name, not his fathers. I was never married to his father and his father was no where around during pregnancy. His father now wants him to have his last name after a year. I live in CA... do I have to give my son his fathers last name since we were not married??

. If there is collision between the president and Congress, can Congress restrain the [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help on this topic? I have to find all the information I can on this, so I can write a 2 to 4 page essay about. Thanks!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.