Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2024, 02:56 PM
    The orange elephant in the room
    DeSantis told CBN News, "Everyone has a right to be able to run. Obviously, Trump could win the primary. I'm not convinced he can win the general (election). I can."
    However, recent polls show Trump beating Biden in a general election matchup in key swing states.
    "When has he ever led in that?," DeSantis asked. "The media has never wanted to show him ever leading up until very recently so why are they doing that? I think they're trying to create a narrative that scares Democrats to replace Biden and also tries to convince Republicans, to go ahead and nominate Trump. I guarantee you, six or nine months later, those polls are going to look a lot different. The media will be putting out polls saying the exact opposite."
    The reality is this is an uphill climb for anyone not named Trump. DeSantis admits that if he had a magic wand, he'd wave it for one big change.
    "I would say if I could have one thing change, I wish Trump hadn't been indicted on any of this stuff. I mean, honestly, from Alvin Bragg on. I've criticized the cases. I think, someone like a Bragg would not have brought that case if it was anyone other than Donald Trump and so someone like that is distorting justice, which is bad, but I also think it distorted the primary," he explained.
    When pressed to clarify if he means it helped Trump, DeSantis noted, "It's both that but then it also just crowded out I think so much other stuff and it's sucked out a lot of oxygen."
    Ron DeSantis Going After Trump's 'Soft' Support in 'Distorted' Primary | CBN News

He's right . Before the April NY indictments Trump was in the 40% range. That would be reasonable for a former incumbent . There was room for other candidates to challenge him.

DeSantis ,Haley ,and even Christie and Vivek have had a spirited debate . But as each charge has been made against Trump the poll numbers have gone up.

Before the charges Trump really had nothing to run on. He was playing golf and playing the grievance card about 2020. Not too much attention was paid him until the charges started coming down.

Since then he has taken spit ball shots at his primary challengers and have used his heavy guns against prosecutors and judges . And it has worked

He now sits in the 60% range before a single state has decided and is coasting to the nomination.

Then what ? He walks in day 1 as a lame duck or as he said tongue in cheek ;a dictator for 1 day.... long enough for issuing EOs reversing Clueless made on day 1 that reversed EOs Trump made in 2016.

If the Repubs wanted Trump 2.0 they would be better off hitching a ride on the DeSantis train. At least then they are voting for a potential 8 years .

Maybe if they selected DeSantis and /or Haley they'd potentially expand the base. That is not happening with Trump. Which is more likely to deliver the House and Senate in their coattails ? Trump showed in 2020 he could not . In fact ,Trump has been largely responsible for 3 consecutive election cycle Repub losses (yes his influence in 2022 gave them less than ideal candidates on the ballot)

The wild card is the dissatisfaction by voters from both parties of a potential Clueless Joe v Trump rematch. How will that affect turnout or a 3rd party spoiler ? There are already 3 spoilers who have thrown their hats in the ring and a 4th depending on who the No Labels decide to run. We have seen 3rd party candidates grab significant percentages of the vote before.

Both the Repubs and the Dems deserve to be better represented in the crucial Presidential contest .

Check out some similar questions!

The elephant in the room [ 52 Answers ]

FY DEFICIT (IN BILLIONS) DEBT INCREASE (IN BILLIONS) DEFICIT-TO-GDP RATIO 2021 $3,000 $1,584 13.2%

Orange memorial hospital school of nursing, orange nj transcript [ 0 Answers ]

I graduated from Orange Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in 1982, has anyone been able to locate where these School transcripts have gone and who do we contact to obtain them?

I have dyed my hair blonde and it has orange tones in it,how doo I get the orange out [ 3 Answers ]

I have dyed my haie blonde. And of course it has orange tones all over my hair. And all I won't is beautiful blonde hair. Someone please help me to get the orange out of my hair. And I have really thin hair so I don't really need to many harsh chemicals on my hair , so what do I need to do? I won't...

Mixed some hair colors, now it is orange, how can I get the orange out? [ 1 Answers ]

I put blonde highlighter on my brown hair, turned it yellow, then tried to cover it up with dark brown dye, now it is orange, what can I do to get the orange out?

Dyed hair last night & now I have pumpkin orange what can I do to get the orange out [ 4 Answers ]

Dyed my hair last night and now have pumpkin orange hair how can I get the orange out?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.